Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did AMEX backdate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did AMEX backdate?

Applied for my dad the BCP since our family has a high grocery spend (last week).

Got the card today (NOT-contactless, btw) and added it to his existing TrueEarnings account.

BOTH his card and his account say member since 2000.

Did AMEX backdate...?

(I'm freaking out because I'll get to add this to my account Smiley Very Happy, LOL)

Edit: Nevermind.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOAH, WOAH, WOAH....AMEX BACKDATED?

It'll say that on the account and card, but it will report to the CRAs as the current open date. 

Message 2 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

No I'm pretty sure that's just the vanity aspect since they stopped doing that. When it reports to CR's it have the real date.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It'll say that on the account and card, but it will report to the CRAs as the current open date. 

Well, that sucks. Bummer. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did AMEX backdate?

His card and account will show the year he first received an Amex card. Whats reported which actually affects his AAoA will show the date the card was opened. Backdating is over.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing in April. I opened my BCP 10 days after backdating ended. And about 2 days later I learned about backdating and that I missed it. When I got the card, I freaked. My member since date is 1987. Yes, many years before you were born Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the same thing in April. I opened my BCP 10 days after backdating ended. And about 2 days later I learned about backdating and that I missed it. When I got the card, I freaked. My member since date is 1987. Yes, many years before you were born Smiley Happy 

Dang....that is quite a while, Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.