cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did American Express officially pull the plug on the Zync card??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did American Express officially pull the plug on the Zync card??

So, should I continue charging on this card? I have three packs on it, or should I switch to my Green Card for all charges now. I wish they would have sent something in the October statement about this. It seems weird to drop a product line and not tell your customers what they can expect.  Now, I really want the Platinum card!

Message 11 of 23
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, should I continue charging on this card? I have three packs on it, or should I switch to my Green Card for all charges now. I wish they would have sent something in the October statement about this. It seems weird to drop a product line and not tell your customers what they can expect.  Now, I really want the Platinum card!

It always seems like when cards are disctoniued, the card issuer/bank replaces the card with another in the lineup. I'm sure charginf to it will be fine. I'm holding off though until I hear more. mine has been SD'd for a few months now.

Message 12 of 23
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Having been recently spanked by the "powers that be", you can bet that AMEX will play by the rules when it comes to the Zync card.

Since there's nothing official yet, no press releases or website announcesments, no mailings and actually conflicting info from their own CSR staff, it's safe to presume that it's business as usual with the Zync card until told otherwise.  In other thread discussions, there was mention that the card could go on ad infitum if AMEX chooses, or it could be replaced by another card (possibly something new?), or simply a product change to a different AMEX product .  I will continue to use my Zync card until I'm told by AMEX that I can't, and then will hold on to it as a collectors' item!

Message 13 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

The Zync is special to me since it was the first card I got in my rebuilding phase. Prior to that I only had a Cap one with a $1100 and that was it.

When I appled for the Zync, I got approved instantly for NPSL and I beleive that this opened the door for me with other creditors (I assume that creditors always look at your card lineup to see who offered you credit). I used it extensively but after I got the Discover and the Chase Freedom, the card sat in my safe not doing anything.

I'm sure we can still charge on it until AMEX says we can't. As it stands with the packs gone, it's just a regular charge card with no perks so AMEX knows that the use of this card will go down drastically. Would be interesting to know how they deal with the 'phase out' for this card.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the email below this morning from American Express:

I assure you that you may use your Zync Card as long as you wish to use it.
However, we are no longer accepting new enrollments into Zync Packs.
We welcome you to our American Express family and wish to serve you for many more years to come.

Sincerely,
Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Message 15 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the email below this morning from American Express:

I assure you that you may use your Zync Card as long as you wish to use it.
However, we are no longer accepting new enrollments into Zync Packs.
We welcome you to our American Express family and wish to serve you for many more years to come.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Howdy, can you remove the name of the person in your message? Just a heads up Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed!

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 18 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Yup, my first prime card in my rebuilding phase as well. I use it 99.9% of the time, except when grocery shopping at Aldis (they do not take CCs - only debit, cash, and check)

People look at it odd when I give it to them, and I intend to keep using it for a while to come.  In fact, as I've stated in another thread - I had intended to app spree in jan (especially for AMEX product(s) due to backdating), but I think I'm going to wait until my repo falls-off in 2 years.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 23
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I'm holding onto my Zync card FOREVER.  That was a great moment in my financial and credit history.  The first credit card I've been approved for in a very long time.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.