Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Amex do a change on CLI declines

tag
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Did Amex do a change on CLI declines

Has Amex changed their policy..... Due to all of the early approvals I tried about 10 days early but was declined due to the account not being 60 days old.....

Spoke with a rep via chat, and they said yeah I can apply again when I hit my 61 day, and it didnt mess up anything. So I applied today again as its my 61 day and 

it gave the 7-10 day message, but got an email to see the results within 2min.  Checked the results online and it stated I was declined because I was declined within the past 90 days on one or more accounts.....  

Previous decline was because account wasnt 60 days old, 61 day decline is only because of the previous decline no other reason listed.... Make any since?

I also thought 7-10 day message was a manual review, I called to inquire automated message says not open 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did Amex do a change on CLI declines

This is certainly interesting :/ Sorry it happened to you. Not sure if the policy has changed but hopefully you can get an answer by calling tomorrow. Or possibly open another chat today and explain what happened?
Message 2 of 34
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is certainly interesting :/ Sorry it happened to you. Not sure if the policy has changed but hopefully you can get an answer by calling tomorrow. Or possibly open another chat today and explain what happened?

+1 I would just call in. Sounds like it just may be a glitch in the system. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 34
eviLution
Established Contributor

I asked for a CLI on the 22nd of December and that's like 2 days too early, DENIED. I waited and forgot about it til January 1st and was approved.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yodah wrote:

Has Amex changed their policy..... Due to all of the early approvals I tried about 10 days early but was declined due to the account not being 60 days old.....

Spoke with a rep via chat, and they said yeah I can apply again when I hit my 61 day, and it didnt mess up anything. So I applied today again as its my 61 day and 

it gave the 7-10 day message, but got an email to see the results within 2min.  Checked the results online and it stated I was declined because I was declined within the past 90 days on one or more accounts.....  

Previous decline was because account wasnt 60 days old, 61 day decline is only because of the previous decline no other reason listed.... Make any since?

I also thought 7-10 day message was a manual review, I called to inquire automated message says not open 

This indeed is interesting.. I did mine on the 2nd and I was not even close to the 61 CLI but was approved.  Perhaps there was a glitch in the system with all the early approvals before the 61 day?

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting. I know that I pulled the trigger on my 3x CLI with AMEX before the 61 day and it was instant approval. This was about 10 days ago so I don't believe the 60 day thing. I know I have seen other members on here try for it early on and they also were approved before the 61st day. Hopefully you will find out something positive when you call tomorrow. Be sure to let us know what happens. It is your only AMEX card correct? 

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yodah wrote:

This is the EXACT thing that happened to me.  I was jonesing for an early CLI.  My account was opened 10-31-2014 which would have made 01-01-2015 my official CLI date according to the chat rep.  But because everyone was getting early approvals, I tried on December 20th and was declined.  I then waited until January 2nd to try (just to be safe) and was declined due to having a decline in the past 90 days -- that is exactly what my letter said.  I tried getting clarification from several reps -- they all seemed confused too -- but I finally was told I'd have to wait 90 days from January 2nd to apply for a CLI -- even though I was declined just because I had pulled the trigger too early?!  I was told there is nothing they can do at this point.  The funny thing, and after feeling awful about my 3xCLI decline, I applied for a PRG and was approved!!  I am half tempted to apply for the Costco TE card  just to see what happens! 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yodah wrote:

This is the EXACT thing that happened to me.  I was jonesing for an early CLI.  My account was opened 10-31-2014 which would have made 01-01-2015 my official CLI date according to the chat rep.  But because everyone was getting early approvals, I tried on December 20th and was declined.  I then waited until January 2nd to try (just to be safe) and was declined due to having a decline in the past 90 days -- that is exactly what my letter said.  I tried getting clarification from several reps -- they all seemed confused too -- but I finally was told I'd have to wait 90 days from January 2nd to apply for a CLI -- even though I was declined just because I had pulled the trigger too early?!  I was told there is nothing they can do at this point.  The funny thing, and after feeling awful about my 3xCLI decline, I applied for a PRG and was approved!!  I am half tempted to apply for the Costco TE card  just to see what happens! 

That is nuts. I am quite sure I got my AMEX ED the exact same day as you, 10/31/2014. I was approved for a 3x CLI before I flew home for Christmas (I think I put in for the CLI on 12/23/2014) and it went through no problem. 

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yodah wrote:

That is nuts. I am quite sure I got my AMEX ED the exact same day as you, 10/31/2014. I was approved for a 3x CLI before I flew home for Christmas (I think I put in for the CLI on 12/23/2014) and it went through no problem. 

This is soo crazy... I got mine - BCP November 17th and still got 3x CLI.  I don't think my math is wrong..  really weird.  Hopefully we can discover a trend here.

Message 9 of 34
Yodah
Regular Contributor

Yeah its my only AMEX..... Man that would just suck...... the first decline specifically stated account has to be 60 days old.....no other reason.  If there was ANY other reason stated I could accept it but I think they got some explaining to do because by their own policy the decline doesnt make since.......unless what we thought and is listed under the AMEX CLI thread is not accurate...... I will call the number to see what has changed 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.