Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

I applied for Cap1 Cash Back Card. I didn't get instant decision. I got the following message:

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One credit card!

Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days, however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

In the interim, please do not submit another application, as only the first application received will be valid.

Did I get denied or approved? What do you think?

Ron.

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

do you currently have any Cap1 cards?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 82
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Did you apply for one for average or excellent credit?

I applied for the card designated for average credit in July 2012. I was instantly approved for $2000. I received a CLI to $2500 last month.

If you were denied, they would have said so when you applied. The 7-10 message sometimes just means they need more verification. You can call to see if a rep will tell you what you need to provide over the phone.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 82
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
[...] The 7-10 message sometimes just means they need more verification. You can call to see if a rep will tell you what you need to provide over the phone.

Not always, sometimes I think they just put that to get your hopes up. You could get the rejection letter in the mail. It's a crapshoot if you dont get instant approval/instant denial.

Message 4 of 82
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I said, "sometimes". LOL
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 82
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
I said, "sometimes". LOL

True. The only time I got that message but still got approved was with my AMEX BCE. Every other time I get the dreaded denial in the mail. So there is hope!

Message 6 of 82
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you Ron!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 82
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The best way for you to find out more information would be to call them and ask.

Message 8 of 82
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Ron-

I received a message similar to that one and they sent me a letter in the mail saying that i have too many Capital One cards and that they did not do a credit pull. I am not sure, but good luck!

Message 9 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I have one Cap1 credit card. I applied for Cap1 Cash Back for excellent credit. I'm sure they pulled HP.  My Tu score was 738. EQ was 801.  No late, no charge-off.

Ron.

Message 10 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.