Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I have one Cap1 credit card. I applied for Cap1 Cash Back for excellent credit. I'm sure they pulled HP.  My Tu score was 738. EQ was 801.  No late, no charge-off.

Ron.

I'm sure you will be approved.  But, I'm curious as to why you didn't just ask to pc your current card to the Cash Back card?  Apping for Cap One when I know they will pull all 3 bureaus gives me the willies!  Smiley Surprised

I asked them last year. It is a different tier card and it's for average credit.  It was subprime card and I got them wavied for the annual fee.  The card is No Hassle Rewards MC. They don't that any more.

Ron.

What are the features of the No Hassle Rewards card?  I'm not seeing it on their website?  Do you have a link for it?

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 21 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is an old card. I think you can combine rewards checking points and credit cards points to redeems gift cards, merchandise, and cash back. I googled it and here is the link:

https://nohasslerewards.capitalone.com/

Ron.

Message 22 of 82
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

It is an old card. I think you can combine rewards checking points and credit cards points to redeems gift cards, merchandise, and cash back. I googled it and here is the link:

https://nohasslerewards.capitalone.com/

Ron.

Thank you for sharing that link.  I was able to log in on that page and it is showing my existing Cash Rewards card that I just pc'd to.  Interesting.  I guess I'm not fully understanding how the card you applied for is different from the one I pc'd to?  Well, other than the $100 bonus for spending $500.  Now that is something nice!

NoHassle.JPG 

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 23 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I have one Cap1 credit card. I applied for Cap1 Cash Back for excellent credit. I'm sure they pulled HP.  My Tu score was 738. EQ was 801.  No late, no charge-off.

Ron.

I'm sure you will be approved.  But, I'm curious as to why you didn't just ask to pc your current card to the Cash Back card?  Apping for Cap One when I know they will pull all 3 bureaus gives me the willies!  Smiley Surprised

I asked them last year. It is a different tier card and it's for average credit.  It was subprime card and I got them wavied for the annual fee.  The card is No Hassle Rewards MC. They don't that any more.

Ron.

What are the features of the No Hassle Rewards card?  I'm not seeing it on their website?  Do you have a link for it?

Here is the link for the all No Hassle Rewards cards (including cash points, miles):

http://www.capitalone.com/rewards/no-hassle-rewards-explore/

I don't know it's still available to get.

Ron.

Message 24 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

Ron.

Message 25 of 82
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Thanks Ron.  I was able to confirm that the card I pc'd to has the No Hassle Rewards program.  My upgrade letter from Capital One confirms this.  Thanks for sharing all this information as I had no idea this was a benefit of my card.

This is the letter I got from Cap One after they pc'd/upgraded my card.

CapOne Letter.JPG

After all this, I still sort of think you could have pc'd to this.  Maybe there is still something I'm missing?  Anyway, good luck on your pending app!!

Message 26 of 82
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

If it helps, Ron.  I applied for the excellent credit version back in June with no baddies, a 4 year AAoA, and no prior revolving history.  I also received a 7-10 day notice, and I didn't find out for 3 or 4 business days that I was approved, even though I called in every day.  But, the good news is that I was approved.  I wish you the best!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 27 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

Thanks Ron.  I was able to confirm that the card I pc'd to has the No Hassle Rewards program.  My upgrade letter from Capital One confirms this.  Thanks for sharing all this information as I had no idea this was a benefit of my card.

CapOne Letter.JPG

After all this, I still sort of think you could have pc'd to this.  Maybe there is still something I'm missing?  Anyway, good luck on your pending app!!

I already have this card. I want something different from that card. This card only gives 1% cash back. It cannot pc/upgrade to another type of card. I had two of them and I closed one of them. I closed the Visa with $2000 CL. I just want to see if I can get out of the subprime territory. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 28 of 82
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

Ron.

The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

Message 29 of 82
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

CapOne Letter.JPG

I already have this card. I want something different from that card. This card only gives 1% cash back. It cannot pc/upgrade to another type of card. I had two of them and I closed one of them. I closed the Visa with $2000 CL. I just want to see if I can get out of the subprime territory. Smiley Happy

Ron.

This card is giving me 1.5% cash back.

In reading your posts, I know that you are wayyyy beyond the subprime territory! Smiley Happy 

Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.