Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,967
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

 

 

Ron.


The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

 


The one I applied for was Cap1 Cash Card. The one I have is Cap1 No Hassle Rewards Cash.  They told me I cannot PC to any card because it is type of the card I have. It's for subprime.

 

 

link:

 

 

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A...

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
Posts: 720
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


Ron1 wrote:

CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

 

 

Ron.


The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

 


The one I applied for was Cap1 Cash Card. The one I have is Cap1 No Hassle Rewards Cash.  They told me I cannot PC to any card because it is type of the card I have. It's for subprime.

 

 

link:

 

 

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A...

 

 

Ron.


 

That's the card I pc'd to - the Jimmy Fallon card (that's what I call it).  My card started out in 2004 as a subprime card - $300 limit with $39 annual fee and no rewards whatsoever.  I don't know if my newly pc'd card is the version considered to be for excellent credit as opposed to average credit.  But I don't have an annual fee, I'm earning 1.5% cash back and my APR is 12.15%.  I also have an offer now to do a BT for 0% for 12-months.  Before I pc'd, I could only do a BT at my current APR.

 

I think I got very lucky to be able to pc.  It is what they always say on here - YMMV.  But obviously you'll be $100 richer from that spend bonus!  Smiley Happy

 

 

 

FICOs: TU08 841 2/9/15 per Barclay; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 809 3/4/15; EX08 812 3/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $11.6K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $26.5K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

You should get the card hands down. I think they are just trying to figure out the enormous CL you will get. ;-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,143
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

Ron you should be approved.

For those of you who asked, the differences between the "average" and "excellent" cards are...


Average :
Mastercard
Minimum limit of (i think) $300
No signup bonus

Excellent:
Visa (signature if 5k+)
Minimum limit of $3000 for approval
$100 if you spend $500 in (i think) 3 months


I got approved for the average card with a cl of 3k with no history and no job, so with your scores you should be fine ron.
Established Contributor
Posts: 720
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


jsucool76 wrote:
Ron you should be approved.

For those of you who asked, the differences between the "average" and "excellent" cards are...


Average :
Mastercard
Minimum limit of (i think) $300
No signup bonus

Excellent:
Visa (signature if 5k+)
Minimum limit of $3000 for approval
$100 if you spend $500 in (i think) 3 months


I got approved for the average card with a cl of 3k with no history and no job, so with your scores you should be fine ron.


Another differece is the version for average credit has a $39 annual fee, whereas the one for excellent credit does not have an annual fee.  APRs and promotional BT offer is also better on the excellent credit version.

 

Ron, I hope you post back and let us know the outcome!  Good luck!!

 

FICOs: TU08 841 2/9/15 per Barclay; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 809 3/4/15; EX08 812 3/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $11.6K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $26.5K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Valued Member
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎07-21-2009
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

I am just curious .. why Cap 1 with 1.5% instead of Barclay pricline with 2%

EQ 772
TU 764
Established Contributor
Posts: 515
Registered: ‎01-22-2011
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

Ron, In Oct of last year I applyed for their Venture card..(the one that gives you 2 miles for every one dollar spent) The card for excllent credit..as like you I did not hear anything..Soooooo..I called the Ex. office and they pushed it thur for me..I got a 5K limit small limit compaired to what I have..after 2 months I made another call to the ex office and got the limit raised to $7,500..after running a lot of money thur the card I called just last week and got the card raised to 12K...I pay in full and racked up a ton of miles..and got 10K miles for spending 1K in the first 3 months....I was onced told you can have 3 Cap one accounts..Not including the co-branded ones like the sony card or others they have..hope this helps!

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,967
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

 

 

Ron.


The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

 


The one I applied for was Cap1 Cash Card. The one I have is Cap1 No Hassle Rewards Cash.  They told me I cannot PC to any card because it is type of the card I have. It's for subprime.

 

 

link:

 

 

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A...

 

 

Ron.


 

That's the card I pc'd to - the Jimmy Fallon card (that's what I call it).  My card started out in 2004 as a subprime card - $300 limit with $39 annual fee and no rewards whatsoever.  I don't know if my newly pc'd card is the version considered to be for excellent credit as opposed to average credit.  But I don't have an annual fee, I'm earning 1.5% cash back and my APR is 12.15%.  I also have an offer now to do a BT for 0% for 12-months.  Before I pc'd, I could only do a BT at my current APR.

 

I think I got very lucky to be able to pc.  It is what they always say on here - YMMV.  But obviously you'll be $100 richer from that spend bonus!  Smiley Happy

 

 

 


My card started out as Cap1 Gold card and it had $1000 CL. with $29 annual fee and it has also no rewards They sent me an offer to upgrade into Platinum card w/o any rewards. Later, they sent me another notice to offer me No Hassle Rewards Card.  I think I called the retention dept to raise the limit to $4200 and no AF.

 

Congrats for your upgrade. I think it is very good to have. Did you ask for CLI?

 

 

Ron.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,967
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


CribDuchess wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:
Ron you should be approved.

For those of you who asked, the differences between the "average" and "excellent" cards are...


Average :
Mastercard
Minimum limit of (i think) $300
No signup bonus

Excellent:
Visa (signature if 5k+)
Minimum limit of $3000 for approval
$100 if you spend $500 in (i think) 3 months


I got approved for the average card with a cl of 3k with no history and no job, so with your scores you should be fine ron.


Another differece is the version for average credit has a $39 annual fee, whereas the one for excellent credit does not have an annual fee.  APRs and promotional BT offer is also better on the excellent credit version.

 

Ron, I hope you post back and let us know the outcome!  Good luck!!

 


Thanks!! Smiley HappyI will and I'm still waiting.

 

 

Ron.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,967
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???


sandman2435 wrote:

Ron, In Oct of last year I applyed for their Venture card..(the one that gives you 2 miles for every one dollar spent) The card for excllent credit..as like you I did not hear anything..Soooooo..I called the Ex. office and they pushed it thur for me..I got a 5K limit small limit compaired to what I have..after 2 months I made another call to the ex office and got the limit raised to $7,500..after running a lot of money thur the card I called just last week and got the card raised to 12K...I pay in full and racked up a ton of miles..and got 10K miles for spending 1K in the first 3 months....I was onced told you can have 3 Cap one accounts..Not including the co-branded ones like the sony card or others they have..hope this helps!


That's for the info. I only have 1 Cap1 No Hassle Rewards  and 1 Best Buy RZ MC. Platinum. I closed one of them to try to get this one. I heard they only limited to 2.

 

 

Ron.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.