cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I do bad???

tag
greatdane88

Did I do bad???

Well, long story short, my credit improved so I decided I would finally go on that app spree.  My credit scores are EX 675, Trans 660, EQ 650, 6year AoA.  A couple baddies/collections that have been paid off, but still showing. I first, I was denied by Citi.  I know I shouldn't have done that one, but I was in the moment.  Next I applied for Amex PRG and was approved, along with the Delta Skymiles for a 3000 cli.  I couldn't leave well enough alone, and apped for Discover It, and I was approved.  I also apped Chase and got the 10 day message.

Obviously I will be gardening for a while, but have I done too much???     

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Did I do bad???

@greatdane88 wrote:

Well, long story short, my credit improved so I decided I would finally go on that app spree.  My credit scores are EX 675, Trans 660, EQ 650, 6year AoA.  A couple baddies/collections that have been paid off, but still showing. I first, I was denied by Citi.  I know I shouldn't have done that one, but I was in the moment.  Next I applied for Amex PRG and was approved, along with the Delta Skymiles for a 3000 cli.  I couldn't leave well enough alone, and apped for Discover It, and I was approved.  I also apped Chase and got the 10 day message.

Obviously I will be gardening for a while, but have I done too much???     

Congrats on your spree 

Call Chase for recon and Good luck you may have 1 more approval

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Weclome to the forumSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Recon Chase app if denied.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Your spree was successful and now all you need to do is call Chase.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 11
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Seriously what is too much? LOL? You did good! And remember Chase is good with recons! Good luck!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

welcome and congrats! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Don't forget to check the Amex 3xcli post!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 11
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 9 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, recon the Chase card.  I had a lot more inquiries and a lower AAoA and I got a card, not much of a limit, but I got the card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.