Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get approved?

tag
tiffo02
Valued Member

Did I get approved?

So my credit score is 631 and I figured that was still.low to.get a secured card so I went to the bank.of america web site and filled out the pre approval form figuring it would suggest the card for rebuilding credit. Well it suggested I apply for the card with low intrest. So I have it a shot and they said they couldn't decide now and they would send a letter. Well....we all know that usually means denial. But.could I still be.approved? Seeing as how that is the card they recommended I.apply for? Anyone familiar with.bank of america?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Did I get approved?

It means that they will have to do a manual review because your score was not high enough to get approved by the computer at bank of america

The credit score is low and i guess it will be tough to get approved

it also means for you to call to get a analyst to look at it

good luck and i hope you get approved

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 2 of 4
Blurbz
Contributor

BoA is weird with their pre-approval site.  When you put in your info it has to say Mr./Mrs. X, You are PREAPPROVED for.......

if it doesn't give that message and just sends you to a page for a card, it's not a preapproval. 

Message 3 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ Blurbz
i agree..if I login with my account credentials I do not get any offers but external my desired card is in pre-approvals. called and was told of course you will be appoved.....so strange..LOlL
will pc over in about two weeks Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.