cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get approved?

tag
AllenR24

Re: Did I get approved?

She said I would get a letter. I wonder if it would be better for me to try for the student cash rewards. Or if I shouldn't risk getting another hit on my credit.

Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AllenR24 wrote:

She said I would get a letter. I wonder if it would be better for me to try for the student cash rewards. Or if I shouldn't risk getting another hit on my credit.

You'd be risking another HP.  And, if the conditions of approval did not favor you on the 1st one, I would wait on the letter to determine where there might be room for improvement to leverage your chances for any other BofA products.

Message 12 of 17
AllenR24

Yeah you're right. Ugh I am so dissapointed that I got a wasted inquiry on my report for 2 years

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Did the analyst you spoke with go over the reasons for the declined app?

Message 14 of 17
AllenR24

No, I should have asked, but she said it would be sent through mail.

Message 15 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Once you receive the letter, examine the reason(s) that were provided.  Be sure to obtain a copy of your most recent CR (including score info) so that you are aware of any potential items that were cited on the letter.  If there is sufficicent information to warrant a re-review (items that could be borderline or could be further discussed/appealed), then call the BofA reconsideration/UW number to discuss it with another UW/analyst.

Message 16 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

If you have Bank of America banking account, get a personal banker to help you with the recon after you receive the denial letter and figure out the reasons. You will take another hit (on TU I think) but it'll be worth it in the long run. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.