Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get denied for USAA Amex??????

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Did I get denied for USAA Amex??????

I just applied for USAA Amex and I didn't get instantly approved. It will let me know next business day. I already have USAA World Mastercard for almost six months, It asked me the security question during application.  After answering security question, it came back "let you know next business day" message.  By the way, they pulled EXP and current utilization is 1% and TU FICO score was 768 as of July 1. I have good perfect history, no late, no past due, no charge-off.  AAOA is 6yrs. I know they usually give you instant decision. I didn't get one.  Did I just get denied?

Ron.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
konabill
Regular Contributor

Re: Did I get denied for USAA Amex??????

USAA did the same to me when apped online. 

CSR requested income verification ( verbal )  and that was it.   

Good luck.

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 2 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

What docs did they asked for income verification? Did you get approve?

Thanks.

Ron.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

I just applied for USAA Amex and I didn't get instantly approved. It will let me know next business day. I already have USAA World Mastercard for almost six months, It asked me the security question during application.  After answering security question, it came back "let you know next business day" message.  By the way, they pulled EXP and current utilization is 1% and TU FICO score was 768 as of July 1. I have good perfect history, no late, no past due, no charge-off.  AAOA is 6yrs. I know they usually give you instant decision. I didn't get one.  Did I just get denied?

Ron.

Although I've always had instant approvals, I have some non-military friends who have had to give an oral statement of their income.  Also, depending on your CL with their other card, they sometimes will say they have extended the maximum amount of credit possible at this time.  I'd bet they just want income verification.

Message 4 of 20
konabill
Regular Contributor

No docs required for my account. CSR asked to verify income amount (verbally)..  

Yes I was approved.  

CSR was VERY polite and helpful.....also gave a sales-pitch on auto insurance etc.    ( I believe the extra chance for an added sales pitch was the only reason I had to speak to a CSR  about my CC approval.)  Just my opinion. Good luck.......... BTW I really like USAA

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 5 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for reply. I haven't heard anything from them. I'm still waiting for their answer.

Ron.

Message 6 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

konabill,

Thanks for your reply.  Did you apply for Amex or MC? How long did you wait for income verification? Did they call you or send you an email?

Ron.

Message 7 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks anyone. I just got an email from USAA  for credit card decision. I just get denied. 

The reason were:

• time since most recent auto account opening is too short
  • too many inquiries in last 12 months
  • Maximum credit extended
Oh well. Try it next year. It is time to stop applying for cards. I don't have anything to get.
Ron.
Message 8 of 20
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

May I ask what credit bureau USAA pulled?  I am doubting it was TU

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 9 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

They pulled EXP.

Ron.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.