cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just fall down the Cap1 staircase?

tag
melillobm
Established Member

Re: Did I just fall down the Cap1 staircase?

TLDR: You're fine. It will not affect anything and your payments will process at the same time from my experience as long as you contact them and explain what happened in this type of scenario. 

This is my experience with a returned payment with cap one.

I, like you, was making mulitple payments a month because the limit wasn't high enough to handle my entire monthly expenditures and I made a payment from a bank account that was in the middle of being converted to another type of checking account with my bank. In order to do this they closed my account for one day to transfer it to the new product, but kept the same account number. Of course, during this day was when my cap one payment attempted to go through and my bank reported back to them the account was closed. 

In this situation, cap one blocked the bank account and I (still to this day) can't make a payment from this bank account to a cap one card because their system reads as it is closed although it isn't. I immediatley contacted them, like you, and submitted the payment from another account and everything was fine. What I realized about them is if you call them asap and let them know what is going on, no matter the issue, they are very forgiving. I've even missed payments before by accident and they credited back late fees and wiped my record so it wouldn't affect my relationship with them. I still get credit limit increases and pre-approval offers from them in the mail so I haven't seen any adverse action. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.