Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just hit PRIMEVILLE???

tag
amazingluv43
Established Member

Did I just hit PRIMEVILLE???

I got an invitation in the mail to apply for an AMEX Green Card, took the bait and was approved. Said what the heck, let me apply for the BCE since it should be a SP according to the threads.... APPROVED!!!! OMG, I think i've  finally made it!!! What's surprising to me is I don't think my credit is concidered excellent. My scores are in the mid to high 600's, i have some baddies on my reports and my AAOA is low because I've opened several cards this year, I don't always pif but I guess i'm doing something right.

My cards are as follows:

Georgia's Own Credit Union Visa 1600/3500

Cap 1 Quicksilver MC 545/3000

Cap 1 Quicksilver One MC 225/500

Barclay Reward MC 500/1500

Walmart  35/1500

Macy's 0/2000

jcp 350/1400

Old Navy 230/750

Victoria Secrets 0/450

NY&CO 0/750

Buckles 0/250

HSN 27/500

Express 0/600

AMEX Green - Don't know the limit yet

AMEX BCE- Don't know the limit yet.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 669 Lender pulled
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Did I just hit PRIMEVILLE???

@amazingluv43 wrote:

I got an invitation in the mail to apply for an AMEX Green Card, took the bait and was approved. Said what the heck, let me apply for the BCE since it should be a SP according to the threads.... APPROVED!!!! OMG, I think i've  finally made it!!! What's surprising to me is I don't think my credit is concidered excellent. My scores are in the mid to high 600's, i have some baddies on my reports and my AAOA is low because I've opened several cards this year, I don't always pif but I guess i'm doing something right.

My cards are as follows:

Walmart  35/1500

Macy's 0/2000

jcp 350/1400

Old Navy 230/750

Victoria Secrets 0/450

NY&CO 0/750

Buckles 0/250

HSN 27/500

Express 0/600

call the amex backdoor number on the sticky, you will know your limit. My wife's score around 660-690, oldest account opened 3 years ago. Still cause she has like 10 credit cards and 2-3 loans, proven that she can manage debt and make payment in time...=>instant approval every time i help her apply, unlike myself. sad face!

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations x2. The Amex Green is a charge card and has NPSL. However, you will have an internal limit that will or can change as Amex monitors your spending habits, credit reports etc.

Definitely read the 3x Cli sticky for your BCE.
Message 3 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@amazingluv43 wrote:

My cards are as follows:

Walmart  35/1500

Macy's 0/2000

jcp 350/1400

Old Navy 230/750

Victoria Secrets 0/450

NY&CO 0/750

Buckles 0/250

HSN 27/500

Express 0/600

If you haven't hit primeville your well on your way and knocking on the door.   Amex is a great start.  The next indicator to me anyways is if you really hit primeville is if you start applying for better reward cards and your starting CL are 5k or better.

Whatever you are doing keep up the good work and a big congrats on joining the Amex family.

Message 4 of 11
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 5 of 11
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

I've had an Amex Green for a couple months now. How long should I wait to apply for the BCE? First Month I ran 30 bucks PIF, 2nd month 5k (down payment for a car) and PIF. Is the minimum 6 months?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 6 of 11
amazingluv43
Established Member

What I've read is that you should apply as soon as you're approved for an AMEX so you wouldn't be hit with 2 HP's if not you should wait for 6 months to apply. That's why I took my chances with the BCE after being approved for the Green.

Message 7 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@amazingluv43 wrote:
What I've read is that you should apply as soon as you're approved for an AMEX so you wouldn't be hit with 2 HP's if not you should wait for 6 months to apply. That's why I took my chances with the BCE after being approved for the Green.

Did you get approved for the BCE?  I think if you want an Amex you should for the one you want first a lot of people do apply for two at the same time but usually if you get instant approval for the first you won't for the second and will probably have to call in because of fraud protection.

I would probably wait and 6 months to a year between apps on a card from the same company I would think that would only help my chances of approval with them because they would get a better idea of me as a customer.  Plus if you apply 6 months to a year between apps your closer to the Inq. falling off for Fico scoring purposes.

I guess because I don't apply for credit that often that I am also not very inq sensitive.

Message 8 of 11
amazingluv43
Established Member

Yes, I got approved. I have not called yet to see what the CL is, i think I'll wait until the card arrives to be surprised. lol! 

Message 9 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X2 and yes to primeville Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.