Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =(

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =(

There was a great post about financial review vs. proof of income about a week ago, but danged if I can find it. Smiley Happy

The upshot is that people often get these two things confused. FR is generally triggered by odd behavior, and a customer would have no choice but to submit to it. Asking for a CLI is very unlikely to be considered odd.

POI, on the other hand, is optional. The customer can decide to simply not proceed any further or can try requesting a lower CLI.

If I were in the OP's position, I'd definitely want to know what's going on. But I would think that FR is highly unlikely.

Message 11 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Jesus people.... AMEX isn't that complicated!!!!

7-10 = denial / delayed approval

4506 = you know online and it asks you if you want to do it now or wait for the mailed form

- if you don't respond for a CLI 4506 = no CLI

- if you don't respond for an actual FR = no CC for you

Then there's everyones favorite instant approval

Message 12 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

There was a great post about financial review vs. proof of income about a week ago, but danged if I can find it. Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-3X-Credit-Limit-Increase-Question/m-p/4884976

Message 13 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Thanks, K-in-Boston. That's the post I was looking for.

Message 14 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I apply this to ANY bank buisness.. 

When in doubt, dont poke the bear....

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/dont-call-the-bank/

Message 15 of 21
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

100014364-bear_growl_gettyp-600x400.jpg

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =( UPDATE!!!

i have an update after waiting the 7-10 days.  Here is the repsonse I got from AMEX:

"We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the folliwng reasons(s):

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account"

WHAT!!!!?????  

I have made, not just one, but several payments monthy.  My average payment is $200 or more a month.  My minimum payment is $35 and I have never MISSED a payment.  I have been with them for over a year and a half.  What the hell gives?  My FICO scores are as follows:

Equafax - 699   TransUnion:  707  Experian - 701!!!!!

Should I call the recon line and see if there was a mistake and try for a lower increase?  Should I leave it alone?  Also, I did NOT get a FR so I am very glad about that.

Let me know what I did wrong??? Thanks.

Message 18 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i have an update after waiting the 7-10 days.  Here is the repsonse I got from AMEX:

"We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the folliwng reasons(s):

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account"

WHAT!!!!?????  

I have made, not just one, but several payments monthy.  My average payment is $200 or more a month.  My minimum payment is $35 and I have never MISSED a payment.  I have been with them for over a year and a half.  What the hell gives?  My FICO scores are as follows:

Equafax - 699   TransUnion:  707  Experian - 701!!!!!

Should I call the recon line and see if there was a mistake and try for a lower increase?  Should I leave it alone?  Also, I did NOT get a FR so I am very glad about that.

Let me know what I did wrong??? Thanks.

Let it be and try again after another 3 months... Work on paying down your Amex balance and getting your scores up a bit more and next time you might yield better results.  Amex doesn't recon.  You must wait 3 months between denied CLI attempts if denied and 6 months between approved one.  No middle ground you really have no choice.  

Curious what do you owe on that amex card and how long have you been carrying that balance.  Also at a 700 Exp score something has to be holding the score down is it old baddies or utilizaton?  

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I owe $2900 on my AMEX.  My CL is $19500.  I have no baddies at all.  I think it because my overall UTI is 42%  =(  I will try again in 3 months and try to pay down my card.  Thanks for the information though. I have been carrying that for about a year.  But I was at $5000 so I have been paying it down.  Its OK, I am just a little down at the moment.  Such is life.

OH btw I read myFico socre wrong.  My score is 707 not 700, but it probably didn't make a difference.  Thanks.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.