cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =(

tag
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =( UPDATE!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

i have an update after waiting the 7-10 days.  Here is the repsonse I got from AMEX:

"We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the folliwng reasons(s):

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account"

WHAT!!!!?????  

I have made, not just one, but several payments monthy.  My average payment is $200 or more a month.  My minimum payment is $35 and I have never MISSED a payment.  I have been with them for over a year and a half.  What the hell gives?  My FICO scores are as follows:

Equafax - 699   TransUnion:  707  Experian - 701!!!!!

Should I call the recon line and see if there was a mistake and try for a lower increase?  Should I leave it alone?  Also, I did NOT get a FR so I am very glad about that.

Let me know what I did wrong??? Thanks.

It seems pretty clear to me - if you're only paying $200 per month on a balance of almost $3000, that's not enough of a payment for them.

Myself, I can see the logic of this and I don't find it shocking or unreasonable.

Why don't you try making a few payments of $500-$1000 per month or more and then try for a CLI?

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.