Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Re: Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =(

There was a great post about financial review vs. proof of income about a week ago, but danged if I can find it. Smiley Happy

The upshot is that people often get these two things confused. FR is generally triggered by odd behavior, and a customer would have no choice but to submit to it. Asking for a CLI is very unlikely to be considered odd.

POI, on the other hand, is optional. The customer can decide to simply not proceed any further or can try requesting a lower CLI.

If I were in the OP's position, I'd definitely want to know what's going on. But I would think that FR is highly unlikely.

Valued Contributor

Jesus people.... AMEX isn't that complicated!!!!

7-10 = denial / delayed approval

4506 = you know online and it asks you if you want to do it now or wait for the mailed form

- if you don't respond for a CLI 4506 = no CLI

- if you don't respond for an actual FR = no CC for you

Then there's everyones favorite instant approval

If you're going to whine about it, then you need to do something about it!
If you play the odds on CC's then the rules of Vegas will come into play and the House always wins and you don't own the House
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/td-p/4802538 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-helpful-links/m-p/4802617 www.depositaccounts.com go under checking / reward checking https://refer.discover.com/s/uya7c https://www.creditscorecard.com/registration
Established Contributor

HeavenOhio wrote:

There was a great post about financial review vs. proof of income about a week ago, but danged if I can find it. Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-3X-Credit-Limit-Increase-Question/m-p/4884976

400k+ club. | FICO 08 [June 2017]: EQ 745 EX 745 TU 735 | GPS Error: Unable to locate garden.
Established Contributor

Thanks, K-in-Boston. That's the post I was looking for.

Valued Contributor

I apply this to ANY bank buisness.. 

When in doubt, dont poke the bear....

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/dont-call-the-bank/

Regular Contributor

Amex EveryDay 20K | Amex BCE 10K | Amex Plenti 5K | Citi® Diamond Preferred 7.3K | Citi® Simplicity 5.9K | Cap One Quicksilver Visa 14.6K | Cap One Buy Power 3K | Discover It 10.5K | Discover Miles 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards WMC 15K | State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank Plat 3K | US Bank FlexPerks Select+ AMEX 9K | 2nd US Bank Plat 5K | Chase AARP 3.5K | FNBO Rewards 4.8K | Huntington Voice 4.5K | Huntington Voice Rewards 6K | Fidelity Visa Sig 7.5K | Target MC 3K | Wal Mart MC 10K | Ebates Visa 10K | Ebay MC10K | Marvel MC 10K | Paypal Credit 2.250K | Scores 5/2017 EQ756; TU768; EX759
Senior Contributor

100014364-bear_growl_gettyp-600x400.jpg

Favorite Cards : ~ Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard ~
~ American Express Blue Cash Preferred ~ Chase Hyatt Visa Signature ~
~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Regular Contributor

Re: Did I just trigger an FR when asking for a CLI????? =( UPDATE!!!

i have an update after waiting the 7-10 days.  Here is the repsonse I got from AMEX:

"We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the folliwng reasons(s):

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account"

WHAT!!!!?????  

I have made, not just one, but several payments monthy.  My average payment is $200 or more a month.  My minimum payment is $35 and I have never MISSED a payment.  I have been with them for over a year and a half.  What the hell gives?  My FICO scores are as follows:

Equafax - 699   TransUnion:  707  Experian - 701!!!!!

Should I call the recon line and see if there was a mistake and try for a lower increase?  Should I leave it alone?  Also, I did NOT get a FR so I am very glad about that.

Let me know what I did wrong??? Thanks.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dreadfully_Darken wrote:

i have an update after waiting the 7-10 days.  Here is the repsonse I got from AMEX:

"We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the folliwng reasons(s):

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account"

WHAT!!!!?????  

I have made, not just one, but several payments monthy.  My average payment is $200 or more a month.  My minimum payment is $35 and I have never MISSED a payment.  I have been with them for over a year and a half.  What the hell gives?  My FICO scores are as follows:

Equafax - 699   TransUnion:  707  Experian - 701!!!!!

Should I call the recon line and see if there was a mistake and try for a lower increase?  Should I leave it alone?  Also, I did NOT get a FR so I am very glad about that.

Let me know what I did wrong??? Thanks.

Let it be and try again after another 3 months... Work on paying down your Amex balance and getting your scores up a bit more and next time you might yield better results.  Amex doesn't recon.  You must wait 3 months between denied CLI attempts if denied and 6 months between approved one.  No middle ground you really have no choice.  

Curious what do you owe on that amex card and how long have you been carrying that balance.  Also at a 700 Exp score something has to be holding the score down is it old baddies or utilizaton?  

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | US Bank | Blispay
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I owe $2900 on my AMEX.  My CL is $19500.  I have no baddies at all.  I think it because my overall UTI is 42%  =(  I will try again in 3 months and try to pay down my card.  Thanks for the information though. I have been carrying that for about a year.  But I was at $5000 so I have been paying it down.  Its OK, I am just a little down at the moment.  Such is life.

OH btw I read myFico socre wrong.  My score is 707 not 700, but it probably didn't make a difference.  Thanks.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.