Did you mean: 

Did I mess up this Amex offer?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Did I mess up this Amex offer?

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Here's a site I have bookmarked to check for current offers available via Twitter:

http://www.creditcardwatcher.com/amex-twitter-offers-list/

Checked out that link to see if it was worthwhile for me to sign up for Twitter, but in going through the list on there, I noticed a lot (if not all) of those offers are the same offers I get on my PRG without me having a Twitter account. Hmm.

I agree... for me, nearly all the offers are also on my BCP, and many are offered on the Green card.  Where there's a difference is Serve - only a few of the offers appear on the dashboard for it.  That's the card I have linked to the Twitter account.  Smiley Very Happy

That being said, the current offers aren't very attractive anyway, at least to me.  Hopefully they will have some that are more interesting in the coming months.

Edited to add:  I'm not actually "on" Twitter myself, I only have a throw-away account specifically for Amex offers and for 'My Coke Rewards'.  I can retweet their nonsense 'till the cows come home and nobody has to see it... LOL

Message 11 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Here's a site I have bookmarked to check for current offers available via Twitter:

Checked out that link to see if it was worthwhile for me to sign up for Twitter, but in going through the list on there, I noticed a lot (if not all) of those offers are the same offers I get on my PRG without me having a Twitter account. Hmm.

I agree... for me, nearly all the offers are also on my BCP, and many are offered on the Green card.  Where there's a difference is Serve - only a few of the offers appear on the dashboard for it.  That's the card I have linked to the Twitter account.  Smiley Very Happy

That being said, the current offers aren't very attractive anyway, at least to me.  Hopefully they will have some that are more interesting in the coming months.

Edited to add:  I'm not actually "on" Twitter myself, I only have a throw-away account specifically for Amex offers and for 'My Coke Rewards'.  I can retweet their nonsense 'till the cows come home and nobody has to see it... LOL

I don't usually find amex offers very useful, but once every 3-4 months I come across an outstanding one. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@red259 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I don't usually find amex offers very useful, but once every 3-4 months I come across an outstanding one. 

+1

That's me as well... so far, I'm averaging three a year.  On Serve, I've not used a single offer since 2013.  Smiley Frustrated

It's "feast or famine"... when the offers are good, they're great, but otherwise nothing to write home about (at least for me).

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the phone offer ended yesterday, but hopefully OP and everyone who used it noticed it could be used 2x. I paid my December and January bill and got credit for 20 bucks. So far this year I've gotten 65 bucks back. My Optima AF is 49 and I don't get hit with it until  March,  so I'm ahead. 

Message 14 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know the phone offer ended yesterday, but hopefully OP and everyone who used it noticed it could be used 2x. I paid my December and January bill and got credit for 20 bucks. So far this year I've gotten 65 bucks back. My Optima AF is 49 and I don't get hit with it until  March,  so I'm ahead. 

I know I could have used it twice, but sadly I did not discover the offer until towards the end of the deal, so my bill was only large enough to use it once. Still using it once is better than not at all. I only had the offer show up on one card so the loss is not huge. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.