Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I mess up----

tag
masseye
Contributor

Re: Did I mess up----

Sent letters to the CRAs and so far equifax has removed the disputes from the  three HSBC accounts..  Only gained two points but at least they are off as I heard that you couldnt have any disputes when buying a house.

Hopefully the other CRAs will follor suite.

Thanks Guardian for your assistance!

Message 11 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

You are very welcome and I am glad it worked out for you. 2 points is better than none Smiley Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi masseye,

So basically the comment dispute includes the scoring? where did you pull your experian and trans report

can you give me the website. thanks

Message 13 of 19
masseye
Contributor

When I pulled my reports from my bank it stated that these three accounts were not included in my scoring as they had the statement " customer disputes information".  From reading here in the forums some people experienced problems with thia statement on their reports when buying a home.....thats the reason I wanted them off of my reports.

I pulled my reports from here and also you get free annual reports....sorry i dont have the address but you could do a search here...

Good luck!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks masseye.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a "comment" of "dispute" reduce FICO?  I mean if there is a dispute and it is resolved, meaning a late or derog is fixed, but the comments continue to state there was a "consumer dispute - meets FCRA" does this actually impact FICO?  Do you believe that a lender will consider this to be derogatory if the account itself has not negs?
Message 16 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

It will not affect in the actual scoring but if a live human reads the report and sees it, they could decide to use it to factor into their decision. Usually something Mortgage loan officers do.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I'll have to look into this.  HSBC reported "Consumer dispute investigation - meets FCRA"  when I disputed the balance they were reporting.  They corrected the balance and left that comment.
Message 18 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Yes, they are the biggest offender. They have done this to me and its a pain in the you know what to get it removed. I had to convince the CRAs to do it and it was NOT easy because the first two attempts changed the comment to "Dispute resolved, consumer disagrees" which is complete bull and not it at all. It took more than 8 months to get that cleared up. Good luck.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.