Did you mean: 

Did I or discover mess up?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Did I or discover mess up?

@yfan wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

There must be an error then.  Seems I am getting 5% cashback on all of my purchases at gas stations the past two months.  Hopefullly they won't take back my $500 cashback I earned.  

You spent 10 grand in gas in 2 months?

Exactly. I'm taxi driver and I only spend between 1500 and 2k. Each month. 

Message 11 of 47
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

There must be an error then.  Seems I am getting 5% cashback on all of my purchases at gas stations the past two months.  Hopefullly they won't take back my $500 cashback I earned.  

You spent 10 grand in gas in 2 months?

Exactly. I'm taxi driver and I only spend between 1500 and 2k. Each month. 

The OP clearly explained the spend already. 

Message 12 of 47
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

you either did your math wrong or they did keep it uncapped. I would tell Discover that they left it uncapped or if they find out, they would lower your limit. That's what I heard.

Message 13 of 47
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'd leave it be.. that way in case they find it out (which I doubt that would be the case.) it's still there for them to take back. Chances are if you don't exploit it more than you already have this nothing will come from it.
Message 14 of 47
taxi818
Super Contributor

Someone told him to cash out. No way. I would add it up and fess up. They may let op keep it. Since it's clearly their mistake. Nothing wrong with saying I think mistake on my account. You gave me too much cash back. Good friend of mine got 63k in his checking account. He took out and put in his savings. It sit there. 6 months. Bank finally said we habe you some one else's money. Where is it? Thank god he still had it. Don't know if he could have been charged for thief. But this is too small I would just let them know.
Message 15 of 47
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'm going to cash out as statement credit. But still keep charging until the skinny lady say stop.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 16 of 47
taxi818
Super Contributor

Let me ask question. In the station you use. Is everything billed as gas? Even though you go inside. That would be sweet. I would never stop shopping there.
Message 17 of 47
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

No. I typically fill up 50$ worth of gas each time.
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has this thing where the bonus cash back is delayed a month (a statement cycle) if it's within a few days of the statement cut date. I know this because I spoke with someone at Discover because my cash back wasn't adding up to what it should've been and that's what they told me. When I did the math and excluded the "bonus" spend, it added up properly. That may be what you're seeing.

Message 19 of 47
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover has this thing where the bonus cash back is delayed a month (a statement cycle) if it's within a few days of the statement cut date. I know this because I spoke with someone at Discover because my cash back wasn't adding up to what it should've been and that's what they told me. When I did the math and excluded the "bonus" spend, it added up properly. That may be what you're seeing.

Ooh I never got a bonus spend. What's that? Lol. 

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.