Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I over re-act

tag
felixfly2000
Contributor

Did I over re-act

Two days ago, I purchase gas with my Wamu Visa. Today I go on-line and there is no trace of it. I called the number on the back of my card, and they had no trace of it either. The CSR didn't think anything of this and asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I was awed by the lack of concern. Long story short I asked for a new account number. He then tried to sale me express delivery of my new card. I haven't use this card in two months. I can wait 7 to 10 business days.
I not really happy with Wamu anyways, should cancel both on my cards this month.Smiley Mad 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Did I over re-act

Maybe the gas station hasn't submitted the charges yet. I sometimes see delays on various charges. I'm not sure why you asked for a new account number.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, it usually takes 2 or 3 days for gas station transactions to show up on my transactions list.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

a little. you made the charge, why do you think fraud is involved? what did you want the csr to do, say sir the charge you made and are expecting to post hasn't hit, so let's really muddy things by closing an account and having a legit cahrge delayed longer by having to transfer to a new account? more likely the clerk rung it up wrong, or accidentily voided the sale. besides sometimes it can take awahile for a pay at the pump to post. as for canceling, that's your call.
Message 4 of 12
felixfly2000
Contributor

Paid at the pump, and I never used this gas station before. I read where people have their credit card info stolen. One was at a supermarket with a netflix machine. I never had any delays before when paying at the pump. I may have panic. I just didn't want to be an id theft victim.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

like hannah montanna says, everybody has those days. just be extra nice to the next 5 rude csr's and all will be forgiven.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas stations/convenience stores are notorious for posting transactions slowly. 7-11 near me posts days later but Exxon posts about a day later. Not a big deal on credit card but people who use debit and don't balance the checkbook can run into trouble with the slow posting.
Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I got cured of using debit cards for gas about 6 months ago (back when we could afford gas), and an Exxon station put a $100 hold on my debit card for an $18 purchase, and it took two weeks for them to get the stupid thing off.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 12
ncscgirl2005
New Contributor

Yes I think you may have overreacted. I agree with the above posters---it usally takes a few days for those transactions to go through.
Message 9 of 12
felixfly2000
Contributor

Thanks guy, I see now I did over re-act. Atleast I know now. I think I will be extra nice to the next 5 CSR's and even keep Wamu for an extra month. Thanks again guys.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.