Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I screw myself?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did I screw myself?

I would try for Barclay. I had a score around where you are at now when I first opened. I only had capital one and a bk on my credit.

I got the 7 to 10 day but called the backdoor number and they approved me for $1500 to start. I am up to 4000 after a year.

They used to have a pre-qualify but I am not sure if they do now or not but that way they let you know if you would preqaualify before you do the hard pull.

I will check to see if I can find the link or if someone else knows it?

Message 11 of 24
realtor1
Established Member

Thank you. I don't want to apply for anything else. I will call and ask why ifnyounthink it will help. I got the 7 to 10 day message as well.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you screwed yourself either, so you gave it a shot and it didn't work out right now nothing you can't simply bounce back from.  I think if you at least hang out until December you can still be right back on the same track you were on before you were denied in order for you to try  your vehicle refi.

Message 13 of 24
realtor1
Established Member

Thank you I appreciate the feedback. It has been a long hard road to be credit worthy again!
Message 14 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I guess I was being a bit harsh.  But the OP made some bad decisions on the use of inquiries and what she did.  Don't think it is a good idea to be fully supportive of these mistakes.  Yes she can recover from it.  I want to give advice that makes sense.  If she can reopen the credit one account with old info (ie. like it was never closed), then she should and prepay the monthly AF for 2-3 months.  The goal would be to get another card ASAP and then close the credit one.  People should stop suggesting she apply to random cards.  She has taken enough of an inquiry hit.  Just see if you can reopen the credit one account.  Create ideal utilization scenario (does OP know what that is?) and pull her EQ FICO score and try and determine how many HP are on each of her bureaus.

Realtor1, where are you located?  My best suggestion is to walk into a generous local CU with your credit report in hand and FICO score and talk to loan officer.  You want to get a recommendation on whether or not she can get a card from them.  Also, get an idea what a car loan would look like.  None of this will cost you an inquiry and you can basically get "preapproved" before applying.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 15 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you screwed yourself either, so you gave it a shot and it didn't work out right now nothing you can't simply bounce back from.  I think if you at least hang out until December you can still be right back on the same track you were on before you were denied in order for you to try  your vehicle refi.

+1.   A few inquires is not a big deal, and don't count for much after 6 months to a year.   The difference between 2 and 3 cards is very minor.   December sounds like a reasonalbe time to wait for car refi, but make sure your utilization is low when you apply.  Orchard is owned by Capital One, so I would see what they do with your card before applying for more CC.   Maybe next year add another CC. 

Message 16 of 24
realtor1
Established Member

O.k. I spoke to Credit One bank. They will re open my account with everything the same and wave the monthly fee for 6 months. They have done this before when I have complained. I would appreciate some good advice. I'm just not sure if it is worth getting ripped off. The annual fee is 8.25 a month at 23.90%. They get 17.80!a month from me in fees. It's such a rip off. If I have no balance i still owe them that every month. I have two credit cards and my car payment. Is that not enough revolving accounts to continue to build my credit. I spoke to Capital One to see why they rejected my app. They said i have to wait until I get the letter and then call them. please help!!
Message 17 of 24
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@realtor1 wrote:
O.k. I spoke to Credit One bank. They will re open my account with everything the same and wave the monthly fee for 6 months. They have done this before when I have complained. I would appreciate some good advice. I'm just not sure if it is worth getting ripped off. The annual fee is 8.25 a month at 23.90%. They get 17.80!a month from me in fees. It's such a rip off. If I have no balance i still owe them that every month. I have two credit cards and my car payment. Is that not enough revolving accounts to continue to build my credit. I spoke to Capital One to see why they rejected my app. They said i have to wait until I get the letter and then call them. please help!!

im just responding to this post right here. why would you want this card? a little over 200 a year just in fees and thats if you were to not make any purchases on it cause there is no grace period with this card. no kidding they want to open your account why wouldnt they so they can milk you for 200 more per year. im not being harsh but i would by all means possible try to find another card to replace this with

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 18 of 24
realtor1
Established Member

You would have to read the original post to understand the question. I cancelled the card because of the fees. The help is appreciated. Please read the original post if you want to advise thanks.
Message 19 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@realtor1 wrote:

IMO, this is not worth it.    This card is still a positive account on your CR for 10 more years.   Having it open is not going to have much effect on your score.  

IMO, A mortgage, car loan, and 2 CC is sufficient to build credit, all you need is to keep making on-time payments.

If you decide to reopen it will not be a wrong decision just an expensive one.  My recomendation is to leave it closed.   Then until all inquiries are over 6 moths old and try for your car loan refi.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.