wow with two baddies your scores are in the 740's damn

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 11 of 22
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Re: Did I short myself with AMEX?

@tonyjones wrote:

Two baddies?  Only one.  Paid/satisfied judgement that is 4 years old but has been paid off for 2 years.

Message 12 of 22
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

Two baddies?  Only one.  Paid/satisfied judgement that is 4 years old but has been paid off for 2 years.

ah read it wrong still. I thought with any derogs/baddies yours scores couldn't go above 700, I guess that theory is out the roof ha

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 13 of 22
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

YES you shorted yoruself... the good news is you can go back and request again for what should have been roughly $24k request... go go go.

Amex is ALWAYS sp for cli and the system will counter you if you ask for to much!

Is this a given?  I figured that if I had just requested a CLI yesterday I would receive a cookie cutter response like "too soon since your last increase" or "not enough experience at your current CL".  Are you pretty sure about this?

yes... you are not the first to short themselves much more than amex wanted to give!

Do I have to call in or would it be better to use the automated "Request for Increase" found on-line?  If the on-line option is available is it better to use it?

it doesn't matter but I prefer to do online if it is working vs calling where I have to rely on someone else typing the correct information.

I think you can do automated phone also without talking to someone.

So...given the substantial(sorry but thought is was necessary to understand my situation) info I provided, what amount should I ask for?

$25k

OK.  I'll let you know shortly how it went.

No cigar.  Got the dreaded "you were just increased" and "need to wait 30 days before requesting another CLI."  I was given a phone number to call if I have questions.  Should I call the phone number?  Is there any chance of getting another CLI by taliking with someone without it being a hard pull?

Message 14 of 22
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

ah read it wrong still. I thought with any derogs/baddies yours scores couldn't go above 700, I guess that theory is out the roof ha

700's with a derog or two is pretty common.  Depends on the age of the derogs more than anything of course.  I have a 4.5 yr old paid collection ($165 utility bill) and have 700's.  I have a FAT file, but THIN at the same time if that makes any sense.

Message 15 of 22
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

Not sure if that applies to everyone but I've been over a 700 again for over a year regardless of FICO score pulled(bank model, CC model, auto model) or credit bureau it was pulled from.

Message 16 of 22
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Anyway, we kinda side stepped my question.  Anyone have any advice on whether or not I should call or is it a waste of time?

Message 17 of 22
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

Anyway, we kinda side stepped my question.  Anyone have any advice on whether or not I should call or is it a waste of time?

IDK, I live vicariously through others when it comes to AMEX.  I have the PRG charger, and $15.1k BCP and I leave the AMEX gawds alone.

Message 18 of 22
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Odds are, its a waste of time.  Wait the 30 days, the sky will not fall in the meantime.  If it does, well, I guess I was wrong.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 19 of 22
elim
Senior Contributor

i would call and ask them what you might do to change the amount of your requested CLI. (utilization will still be an issue at that limit, or whatever)

edit: lol i just saw your nick is "never give up never surrender" so you gotta call!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.