Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Walmart go to Discover?

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Did Walmart go to Discover?

Very weird. I rarely go to Walmart, but they had the best deal on a high ticket item we were looking for. My fiancé decided to open a charge. His FICO is as high as you can go, so I was a bit concerned about The interest through GE until I saw the amount was quite low. On second glance the app said Walmart-Discover 😳. What's THAT all about?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did Walmart go to Discover?

@Drsgwld wrote:
Very weird. I rarely go to Walmart, but they had the best deal on a high ticket item we were looking for. My fiancé decided to open a charge. His FICO is as high as you can go, so I was a bit concerned about The interest through GE until I saw the amount was quite low. On second glance the app said Walmart-Discover 😳. What's THAT all about?

It has been Discover for years, it will be changing to MC next month, the interest rate on a WM account is 22.9% everyone gets the same rate, credit score does not matter, if its a large dollar purchase I do believe they offer a period of time at 0%.

Message 2 of 4
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

What's MC? MasterCard? I was told that it was a part of GE Cap. Most post I see show it as part of GE Cap.
Message 3 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/GE-Capital/td-p/2916294/page/4

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.