Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did You Guys Miss ME!!!! Amex Plat- Gold Prefered Starwoods Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did You Guys Miss ME!!!! Amex Plat- Gold Prefered Starwoods Status

For those of you who have this Card dont forget to activate you're gold status. I was in Dublin Last Week and Stayed at the Westin I showed them my Gold PRefered Card and was upgraded to a PHAT Suite. Two bedrooms, hot tub, his and hers complete luxury. I could not belive it we all know the Plat docent get you upgraded to squat unless you ask and spike them a $20.00 note.

Question about Honors Silver?

What do you get wiith this membership? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Did You Guys Miss ME!!!! Amex Plat- Gold Prefered Starwoods Status

wonder if my business gold would get me anything at the Hyatt in a couple of weeks!?
Message 2 of 7
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Surprised you got an upgrade with SPG Gold. I *earned* SPG Gold and never got an upgrade besides to the "SPG Guest Floor" which is a bunch of BS. Congrats to you and glad you had a good stay!

HHonors Silver will never get an upgrade. With HHonors Gold I usually get an upgrade to at least a club floor and sometimes suites.
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

A Starwood Gold usually got me to the exec floor in Europe (free breakfast and snacks)

A Hilton Diamond usually gets me an upgrade, but I rarely stay in a full Hilton!  Again, free breakfast and snacks a lot of the time
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

No point for me, I prefer the smaller European private hotels...and they always come with an awesome breakfast and usually wine in the evenings.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
No point for me, I prefer the smaller European private hotels...and they always come with an awesome breakfast and usually wine in the evenings.

The Private European Hotels are like a box of Chocolates LOL You never know what you're going to get next. Their star system is nowere near our star system. They use the 5 Star label to Liberal, they label every Hotel in 3.5-5 Star region 5 Stars. I rather have an American Hotel Labeled 4 Stars than a Europen Labeled 5 Stars ALL DAY LONG. Last March I was in Amsterdam trying to give the European Star System a chance. I booked the NH Barbizon for 230 Euro a night in a great location labeled 5 Stars. I was expecting the The Bellagio or The Four Seasons. I eneded getting a donwgraded version of the Rennisance or Westin (AT BEST). No complaints thou great hotel but nowere near 5 AMERICAN Stars.   

Message Edited by ddd on 06-06-2008 08:59 AM
Message 6 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

At $550 per night in Lucerne, it had all the bells and whistles.  I'll take that over commercial any day.

LOL, you're not going to get much for 230 euro in Amsterdam...maybe a small box. 

I do have a friend, who has a German friend...private home....50 euro w/breakfast.  Gorgeous little country home overlooking the black forest. 

Message Edited by fishbjc on 06-06-2008 01:29 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.