cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did a CLI increase on my AMEX Costco Card Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Did a CLI increase on my AMEX Costco Card Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

Been with them since 2008, never requested for a CLI, my CLI was at 3000, so I requested an increase to 10,000, they instant approved me for a limit to 7,100, which is not bad from 3000.

Now my question would be, is this going to be a hard pull or a soft pull?

I did this through their online banking, and on the request page it never mentioned anything about hard pulls or soft pulls.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Did a CLI increase on my AMEX Costco Card Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Been with them since 2008, never requested for a CLI, my CLI was at 3000, so I requested an increase to 10,000, they instant approved me for a limit to 7,100, which is not bad from 3000.

I did this through their online banking, and on the request page it never mentioned anything about hard pulls or soft pulls.

Congrats on the SP CLISmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Soft pulls with Amex.

Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 10
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Cool beans! I am glad AMEX is an awesome company that only does SP instead of HP!

I've always paid my balances in full since I had it and never been late on any of my cards payments since I have all of them on auto pay.

I will probably talk to them again in a year or two to request another increase, but for now I am happy with my Limits!

BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 6 of 10
resilient
Established Contributor

Congrats, and don't forget to update your siggy!!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Cool beans! I am glad AMEX is an awesome company that only does SP instead of HP!

I've always paid my balances in full since I had it and never been late on any of my cards payments since I have all of them on auto pay.

I will probably talk to them again in a year or two to request another increase, but for now I am happy with my Limits!

You can ask again in 6 months for moreSmiley Wink

No need to wait a year or two

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

I am glad I found this website, I actually started visiting this site when I first got my first ever CC.

My first ever credit score (FICO) I ever got was from this site too. Smiley Very Happy

Now just sit back and keep building that credit and hopefully hit the 780+ mark by year end by staying off any HP's.

Message 9 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.