cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did any one get GEMB / Universal American Express Card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did any one get GEMB / Universal American Express Card?

Yes, and I regret it!

1k CL and APR is  22.49%

Granted, my EQ has short history when I applied, but it was free of any derogs and over 700 FICO. Not sure what tier they put me in, but I know I will never revolve a balance on this card, that is certain.

Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I always do PIF and will never pay even a penny in interest to any company. When you applied did you get instant approval? I applied for it last night and I got message they will get back. I am not sure if that is a decline.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't usually revolve one either and this one certainly will make me think long and hard before I do!

No, it was not instant. They called within a couple of days to ask verfication questions.

ETA credit dept # 866-913-3241

Message Edited by stef37 on 11-14-2008 09:47 AM
Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't usually revolve one either and this one certainly will make me think long and hard before I do!

No, it was not instant. They called within a couple of days to ask verfication questions.

Thanks Stef....

Message 5 of 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Good luck!  I was thinking about this one... 

then foolishly went for the Dillards AMEX....  I would have rather had a denial than a $200 CL store card...  730 EQ FICO, Perfect and Clean, 1% Util, current lines to 10K...  (plus they pulled EQ twice!!!)  Oops!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Good luck!  I was thinking about this one... 

then foolishly went for the Dillards AMEX....  I would have rather had a denial than a $200 CL store card...  730 EQ FICO, Perfect and Clean, 1% Util, current lines to 10K...  (plus they pulled EQ twice!!!)  Oops!

Last year I applied for Dillards hoping to get their Amex. Instead I got their store card with $200 CL and after 8 months they upgraded to $300 CL. I said enough and closed the account. I would not apply for it again in hopes I might get Dillards Amex.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.