Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did any one got CLD from Citi lately?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Did any one got CLD from Citi lately?

I just got CLD on BOA/FIA Cards. I am wondering if Citi is also started doing CLD on their cards. I have two good Citi Cards and I dont want to risk getting CLD from Citi. I guess I am going to go back to start using my Debit Card from now onwards. 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Did any one got CLD from Citi lately?

I have not heard of any "economy" CLDs from Citi. They have been known to CLD for negatives.
Message 2 of 8
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

I have 2 pretty good cards with citi which I use regularly and keep relatively high balance. I called them and asked specifically if they plan CLDs for the future and they said "no". Whatever that means.
Message 3 of 8
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

You may want to consider (if you get a cld) using the cards, but paying off the charges before the statements hit.  This strategy helps with util.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

CLD back in December on my Citi Pro card for under utilization of a 14K limit. Knocked it down to 2K I called no go said good bye closed the card.
Message 5 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

The exact same thing as written above. Same card. I was at 15K. They knock it down to $2,300, called and got it back to 5k. Apr is still 6.24%
Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

BOA / FIA cards refused to restore my credit limit back. I am going to start using my citi cards which has decent limits.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has left my CL alone so far.
Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-05-2009 01:26 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.