cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did any try for Macy's Visa upgrade from Store Card?

tag
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did any try for Macy's Visa upgrade from Store Card?

If you are trying to not only increase your card status, but also your limit, keep calling customer service =)  I started out with a CL of $1,500.00 on my Bloomie's last year in November.  I used it at Christmas time quite a bit and then paid most of it off.  I then gave them a call in February, (around my B.day) and said I was looking to buy a nice watch for myself and would love to put it on my card, but didn't have the limit I needed.  The upped me to $2,200.00.  In May, I got them to up it to 3,400.00 b/c I think I was shopping for Mother's Day and then in Sept.  I got it up to 5,400.00 b/c I needed some clothes for school.  If you use it regularly and they see that your spending is increasing with them, they will keep raising it for you.  You can request a credit limit increase every three months, once they did a soft pull, but normally they just look at my spending pattern.  What I think happened is that with the 1.5k limit, once i spent 1.5k in the store, I was eligible for a larger limit.  I easily spent 2.2k and they upped me again, etc., etc.  Lol, I'm gonna be ballsy and ask them to get me up to 10k by the end of the year when I do my christmas shopping again.  And while i was doing all this, they upgraded my card to ultimate premier at my request as well.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GST2008 wrote:
If you are trying to not only increase your card status, but also your limit, keep calling customer service =)  I started out with a CL of $1,500.00 on my Bloomie's last year in November.  I used it at Christmas time quite a bit and then paid most of it off.  I then gave them a call in February, (around my B.day) and said I was looking to buy a nice watch for myself and would love to put it on my card, but didn't have the limit I needed.  The upped me to $2,200.00.  In May, I got them to up it to 3,400.00 b/c I think I was shopping for Mother's Day and then in Sept.  I got it up to 5,400.00 b/c I needed some clothes for school.  If you use it regularly and they see that your spending is increasing with them, they will keep raising it for you.  You can request a credit limit increase every three months, once they did a soft pull, but normally they just look at my spending pattern.  What I think happened is that with the 1.5k limit, once i spent 1.5k in the store, I was eligible for a larger limit.  I easily spent 2.2k and they upped me again, etc., etc.  Lol, I'm gonna be ballsy and ask them to get me up to 10k by the end of the year when I do my christmas shopping again.  And while i was doing all this, they upgraded my card to ultimate premier at my request as well.
They are great with the CLIs, definitely! They keep upping mine even though I DON'T use it regularly. True, last CLI I got (hm, next one due next month, hooray!), I went out and hit the cosmetics counters the next day, but I hadn't even used the card ONCE in the 90 days between that and the previous CLI. I LOVE their CLI generosity - and Macy's, I promise it will all pay off in the end next year when it's time to take advantage of that lovely CL at last and splurge on some furniture and lovely bedding! (Oh, and my favorite - the cookware department!) Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Lol.  Seriously.  I remain a loyal customer b/c they are helping me w/ my credit.  I choose them over Saks, Nordstrums, and Neiman b/c I have my account w/ them and they are generous with it.  I try to go in at least once a month and make a large purchase.  I redeem all my points from other credit cards for gift cards there as well lol.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was in college, I had a Burdines card that automatically switched over to Macy's.  Just last year I moved up to Platinum level.  I didn't call in or anything , they just sent me the card.  I have yet to meet anyone who has the actual Macy's CC.  I would like to apply but I don't want to take the hit right now.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

their glis are great. Got $300 3 months later upped to 600 auto after pif $10 purchase. Last month(7th) they upped it to 1200 on request even tho no new purchases
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.