cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did i do something wrong? Statement cut date US Bank Secured..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did i do something wrong? Statement cut date US Bank Secured..

Roodog26 wrote:
"What I do to avoid that is to call up whenever I get a new card and ask what the statement date will be."

Same here. I get the statement cut date and date they report and then input in my Google calendar.
Message 11 of 12
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Did i do something wrong? Statement cut date US Bank Secured..

Have you checked CK, etc to see if the account has reported?  There is a chance it is too new to report this month.   Until it reports, it will not affect your utilization.  Even if it did report this month, the utilization may be low.   You get a day or two of pending charges before they post.  Only transactions that have posted by Aug 31st will be part of your reported balance. 

Worst case scenario is utilization doesn't have any memory...  I prefer to let my balances report to get the max float.  Then PIF.

For reference, my new US Bank card is a little over 3 weeks old.  So far it has only reported on EQ and EX.  I expect it will report on TU in the next couple of days.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.