cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the shopping cart trick just work for me?!?!?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Did the shopping cart trick just work for me?!?!?

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikemsceo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If this your first and only store card, CONGRATS!  If you already have one, or could get a more useful one then this is another piece of credit garbage that you don't want.  

As in other aspects of life, there are people who are into quality and some that are into quantity (those rarely intersect), and we don't like each other much...

So let me ask you. I do not have one.. And, if it won't be a hardpull i don't mind having it...

But by the words it seems like it is a hard pull

The things like...

"Subject to Credit Approval"

?

Click on it.  The next screen will clarify things.  Don't write in your complete SSN or stuff like that.  The offer should be more specific on the next screen and they don't need more information from you to give you that offer, if it is an SP.

+1 did you get appoved?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 19
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Does make any difference what mac or windows or safari and other Internet
I have never get the pop up

Any advice
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juniornj23 wrote:

Any advice

I do ALL my finances-related websites, including this one, in Chrome incognito.  If you want to make sure you get all the pop-ups, as soon as you land on the store's website, disable any ad-blocking software or browser extension you may have and give it a try (IF it's actually a worthwhile store card to get, that is a big IF).

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I slept on it. 

I wasn't 100 % if it was a sp although it seemed like it. 

Ill see if they ask for more info from me. 

Will  make a post soon saying what I did differently when it worked for me. 

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mikemsceo wrote:

I slept on it. 

I wasn't 100 % if it was a sp although it seemed like it. 

Ill see if they ask for more info from me. 

Will  make a post soon saying what I did differently when it worked for me. 

Only a select few of Comenity VISA Backed Store cards are HP's... ALL STORE CARDS by Comenity are SP if pre-approved and their are a number that are still sp even if you apply!

Message 15 of 19
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

in my opinion.. as long as it only asked for the LAST 4 DIGITS of your social, then it's not going to be a hard pull.

Also it says you are "PRE-APPROVED". If it says you are "PRE-QUALIFY", then you should be careful because this could equal to an application. 

If it asked you for your full social, it is MORE likely (not that it will definitely be) that it's a hp

just my opinion...

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 16 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Except when it's comenity!
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to decline.

Listned to what some of the users here have told me.

I thought about it long term and not something i really want.

I really only wanted it for the fact that i'd have a tradeline with no pull.

Either way, i got a CC from Cap One and plan on maybe adding a secured loan to my credit.

Or, applying for a Retail Card i will see myself needing and using in the future like Walmart Or Best Buy

Message 18 of 19
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:

Any advice

You have ensure the info you're entering matches what is on your credit report. Example if your addy has an apart number. On your CR it's #1 but on the website you entered Apt 1 you will not get the popup. Even if the info matches doesnt mean you'll get it. I get the popup for fuel rewards but not total rewards.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.