cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you have any luck reversing RJ/AA on any cards, during CARD Act from around 2008-2010?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Did you have any luck reversing RJ/AA on any cards, during CARD Act from around 2008-2010?

I know that this goes quite a few years ago admittedly, but I was kinda just curious, has anyone here had any luck successfully reversing either rate jacks or adverse action on any of your cards, during CARD Act switchover from around 2008-2010? 

For me personally, I had one temporary success story, and also one more permanent one.  When Citi tried to RJ my 5.99% F DPR card to the double digits, I was able to obtain a temporary reversal back to my original rate, but only for a time -- they later (in 2009) re-jacked it, so I opted out and closed it at the existing rate.  The one lasting success story though was when BoA tried to RJ my 9.99% F MC to double-digits.  At the time, I seem to recall that they were allowing people who opted out to still keep the card open, although new purchases on it would lead to an automatic RJ?  In my case, I opted out, but then, most blessedly one day after CARD Act went into full effect in 2010, on a phone call I had with BoA one day, they told me that I could now continue to use the card at the original 9.99% F rate, without needing to worry about a further RJJ (I am assuming because they were now bound by CARD Act, at that particular time?).

Does anyone else have any similar success stories, or any other interesting stories to tell about any more positive experiences please, from back then?  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Did you have any luck reversing RJ/AA on any cards, during CARD Act from around 2008-2010?

Bumpage?  (Btw, also if I could have done so, I would have added a new reply to one of the existing CARD Act threads from before/earlier, but the "Reply" button appears to be grayed out and unavailable on the forum, for posts going back too far past a certain date?)

Message 2 of 3
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Did you have any luck reversing RJ/AA on any cards, during CARD Act from around 2008-2010?

So no one with any interesting or fascinating stories to tell about their cards, from back when CARD Act was first coming into full swing?  Smiley Sad  (No worries though, if no additional replies that's cool, and I will not attempt to bump the thread again.)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.