Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know this about Jared's??

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Did you know this about Jared's??

Today I went with a friend to Jared's so she could pay her bill. Once we got there, she realized that she had left her checkbook home. The CSR asked her if she had her credit cards, and she said yes. The rep told her that she could use her credit card to pay her Jared's bill!!!! He says they allow that and that it only shows up as a purchase from Jared's on the credit card!!! Theoretically, one could get a lot of reward/bonus points from paying a Jared's bill!! This is the first time I have heard of a credit card allowing payment via another credit card, and thus racking up rewards!! Anyone else?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

I have never heard of this.. I could have some serious points racked up. Hmm. I guess I might try this next time I am in. Hope it's true. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
I have never heard of this.. I could have some serious points racked up. Hmm. I guess I might try this next time I am in. Hope it's true. Smiley Happy

I saw it with my own eyes!! If I had a Jared's card I would be all over racking up reward points for paying that card!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 3 of 45
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I think I'll try this at Kays next week.  Thanks for sharing and I'll report back on it.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 4 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I think I'll try this at Kays next week.  Thanks for sharing and I'll report back on it.

Please do!

Message 5 of 45
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I called them about my acct and they confirm that you can pay with a cc. NICE

Message 6 of 45
fltn
Frequent Contributor

I pay my Kay's acct with my cc. I do the same with my husbands and my badcock furniture accts. I also was able to do it at target to pay my bill.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 7 of 45
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

That's like robbing Peter to pay Paul, or robbing Capone to pay Jared.

Be careful with that, as you are still paying interest.  However, that being said, you could certainly use this as a way to transfer the balance to a lower interest rate card!  You would also get an extra 30 days to pay or so.  I would do it to get the rewards yeah!  However, I do PIF, but I would still do it to make things look good for my credit and keep util even.  In a way it seems silly they would allow this as they are getting less money with the discount rate of the credit card, but hey whatever.  I used to transfer balances to my Capone card, then pay them off immediately, so they would have to get less from the processing of the payment, since it does cost some money.  I would never have done that but because they never give CLI's I did it as a way of revenge.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Yes, it is nice and not usual! What would be the best way to take advantage of a situation like that?

Message 9 of 45
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Credit314 wrote:

Yes, it is nice and not usual! What would be the best way to take advantage of a situation like that?

Being 100% certain you're actually coming out ahead would require doing the math.

My math gut says there aren't a lot of instances where someone carrying a balance would really come out ahead using such tactics.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.