Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know this about Jared's??

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

If Jared has 0% financing, why use another card? Especially, if the other card is no longer under a 0% promo.

Sometimes, a rewards card has only 500-1,000 limit, and people use it strictly for paying monthly bills.

I'm not saying it works in all situations, but I don't think it's gaming the system either. Jared is just like any other bill. If they accept payment by credit card, why not pay it that way if it's a benefit to you.

Again, just like all other bills, it only works well if you pay your monthly expenses put on your credit card in full.

I run approx 2k monthly through my AMex and pay it in full each month. If I could pay my Amex bill with my Discover or Freedom, I most definitely would do it.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 31 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Oh I dont have them.

During christmas time, Navy Federal Rewards Mall had an 8% cash back on Jared's in addition to the normal cash back.  That would have been sweet!  I'm still in my 0% purchase period with NFCU so it would have worked out well for me.  I, however, don't need or want a jared's.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 32 of 45
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

I'm just curious about what other GE stores allow this? 

Meijer? Walmart/Sams Club? 

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

Does it look like a purchase or do they catch on and make it a cash advance? 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 33 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

When I went in with my friend, I asked that question.  I was told that it simply shows up as a regular transaction with Jared's.  No cash advance.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 34 of 45
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

When I went in with my friend, I asked that question.  I was told that it simply shows up as a regular transaction with Jared's.  No cash advance.

Did your friend tell you it showed as a regular transaction or is that what the people at the store told you? 

Has your friend looked at their transactions online to see what it says? 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 35 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

Did your friend tell you it showed as a regular transaction or is that what the people at the store told you? 

Has your friend looked at their transactions online to see what it says? 

The reps at the store told me that.  I will see when her statement arrives to know 100% for sure.

Message 36 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

Just called her and asked her to check her account online.  She said it is still pending but it is pending as Jared's store # such and such and the amount, like a regular transaction.

Message 37 of 45
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Just called her and asked her to check her account online.  She said it is still pending but it is pending as Jared's store # such and such and the amount, like a regular transaction.

Nice!!!

Now to hunt down more stores that allow this. 

It's basically a free balance transfer + rewards Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

Nice!!!

Now to hunt down more stores that allow this. 

It's basically a free balance transfer + rewards Smiley Very Happy

This is true!  If you find anymore that allow this, let me know!  Hopefully they will be some that I already have, since I'm in the garden until 2014!

Message 39 of 45
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.