Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 924
Registered: ‎03-23-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

If Jared has 0% financing, why use another card? Especially, if the other card is no longer under a 0% promo.

Sometimes, a rewards card has only 500-1,000 limit, and people use it strictly for paying monthly bills.

I'm not saying it works in all situations, but I don't think it's gaming the system either. Jared is just like any other bill. If they accept payment by credit card, why not pay it that way if it's a benefit to you.

Again, just like all other bills, it only works well if you pay your monthly expenses put on your credit card in full.

I run approx 2k monthly through my AMex and pay it in full each month. If I could pay my Amex bill with my Discover or Freedom, I most definitely would do it.
Capital One QuickSilver 5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K - Amex BCP 16K - Chase Freedom 4.5K - Discover IT 7.5K - LOC 2.5K
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


Credit314 wrote:

Oh I dont have them.


During christmas time, Navy Federal Rewards Mall had an 8% cash back on Jared's in addition to the normal cash back.  That would have been sweet!  I'm still in my 0% purchase period with NFCU so it would have worked out well for me.  I, however, don't need or want a jared's.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Contributor
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎08-06-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

I'm just curious about what other GE stores allow this? 

Meijer? Walmart/Sams Club? 

 

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

Does it look like a purchase or do they catch on and make it a cash advance? 

 

 


Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'm just curious about what other GE stores allow this? 

Meijer? Walmart/Sams Club? 

 

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

Does it look like a purchase or do they catch on and make it a cash advance? 

 

 


When I went in with my friend, I asked that question.  I was told that it simply shows up as a regular transaction with Jared's.  No cash advance.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Contributor
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎08-06-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


LesWH wrote:

SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'm just curious about what other GE stores allow this? 

Meijer? Walmart/Sams Club? 

 

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

Does it look like a purchase or do they catch on and make it a cash advance? 

 

 


When I went in with my friend, I asked that question.  I was told that it simply shows up as a regular transaction with Jared's.  No cash advance.


Did your friend tell you it showed as a regular transaction or is that what the people at the store told you? 

Has your friend looked at their transactions online to see what it says? 


Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


SpeedingWheels wrote:

LesWH wrote:

SpeedingWheels wrote:

I'm just curious about what other GE stores allow this? 

Meijer? Walmart/Sams Club? 

 

I'd also like to know from anybody who has done this (Paid store card with a CC) how does it show up on your statement? 

Does it look like a purchase or do they catch on and make it a cash advance? 

 

 


When I went in with my friend, I asked that question.  I was told that it simply shows up as a regular transaction with Jared's.  No cash advance.


Did your friend tell you it showed as a regular transaction or is that what the people at the store told you? 

Has your friend looked at their transactions online to see what it says? 


The reps at the store told me that.  I will see when her statement arrives to know 100% for sure.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

Just called her and asked her to check her account online.  She said it is still pending but it is pending as Jared's store # such and such and the amount, like a regular transaction.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Contributor
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎08-06-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


LesWH wrote:

Just called her and asked her to check her account online.  She said it is still pending but it is pending as Jared's store # such and such and the amount, like a regular transaction.


Nice!!!

 

Now to hunt down more stores that allow this. 

It's basically a free balance transfer + rewards :smileyvery-happy:


Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??


SpeedingWheels wrote:

LesWH wrote:

Just called her and asked her to check her account online.  She said it is still pending but it is pending as Jared's store # such and such and the amount, like a regular transaction.


Nice!!!

 

Now to hunt down more stores that allow this. 

It's basically a free balance transfer + rewards :smileyvery-happy:


This is true!  If you find anymore that allow this, let me know!  Hopefully they will be some that I already have, since I'm in the garden until 2014!


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Did you know this about Jared's??

+1

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.