Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know........

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Did you know........

........that you can use your Macy's credit card at Bloomingdales?? As a card holder of both, this is a good and dangerous thing. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Did you know........

@WhiteCollar wrote:

........that you can use your Macy's credit card at Bloomingdales?? As a card holder of both, this is a good and dangerous thing. 

Since when?

Message 2 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I did not know that. Better not tell the wife as she carries a Macy's card. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Not sure exactly when but I was making at purchase at Bloomingdale's yesterday and noticed the  electronic machine had a Macy's logo. I asked the cashier if they accepted Macy's charge card and she said yes. I know the same same bank that issues the Macy's charge card issues Bloomies as well. This reminded me of back in the day how you could you use your Marshall Fields card at Target because the same bank issued the cards are they were subsidaries. 

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OOPS... According to Bloomingdales Credit Customer Service that "Cross Use" ONLY APPLIES TO EMPLOYEES

Message 5 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Hmmm? Well I'm going back to Bloomie's over the weekend. I will try to make a purchase with my Macy's charge,  I will update.

Message 6 of 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Bloomie's is owned by Macy's Inc (parent company of Macy's)...not to mention their cards are underwritten by the same bank. It's very well possible.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.