cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't know I had this card...

Valued Contributor

Didn't know I had this card...

So I went ahead and ordered my reports from annualcreditreport.com and it's showing a GAP card.  I've never had a GAP card, I don't even shop at Gap...

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

Then I would contact GAP, see if they can explain anything to you. If they can't, either its not in their system or they can't release the information ( for security purposes ) then contact the CRA and dispute it.

 

**EDIT** By GAP, I mean the bank that backs their store card...

USBank - Cash+ 9k, Harley Visa 5k, Perks+ 6k, Cash Rewards, 1k, Flex 5k ** Cap One - Quiksilver 3k
Chase - United 5k, Amazon 1k, Freedom 2k
AMEX - Blue 6k, Everyday 6700 ** Discover - 9k
CITI - Div 5k, Forward 6k, Diamond 4k ** Wells Fargo - 3k
BOA - Better Rewards 1k, 321 Rewards 9k ** 5/3 - 1k
Store Cards - Amazon 4k, Lowes 6k, Walmart 1k
Message 2 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

gemb handles the gap store credit cards

amazon
Message 3 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...


anybodii wrote:

Then I would contact GAP, see if they can explain anything to you. If they can't, either its not in their system or they can't release the information ( for security purposes ) then contact the CRA and dispute it.

 

**EDIT** By GAP, I mean the bank that backs their store card...


Thanks.  It's a GEMB card.  It's annoying because my report shows 3 late payments and what looks like a CO.  Closed in 2007.

 

"Maximum delinquency of 60 days in 02/2007 for $30

Remark: 

Account closed by credit grantor"

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 4 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

yeah I would be furious too especially if it wasnt my card and there is derogatory marks affecting my credit score and my report

amazon
Message 5 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

Yeah, its very sad that credit is taken so seriously, but yet silly mistakes can happen so easily to affect your credit.

 

I had a weird instance where my sister's mortgage loan appeared on one of my credit reports, with a weird reporting cycle ( reported good, but it wasn't mine! )

 

The mortgage company didn't let me speak with them about the loan because I wasn't on the account ( But they reported to my credit? ) and I didn't have the full loan number. That's why I said you might not be able to speak with them. I haven't reported the error yet, so I do not know the process of it, but I'm sure many on here do and you can probably find posts on how to easily correct errors through previous posts.

USBank - Cash+ 9k, Harley Visa 5k, Perks+ 6k, Cash Rewards, 1k, Flex 5k ** Cap One - Quiksilver 3k
Chase - United 5k, Amazon 1k, Freedom 2k
AMEX - Blue 6k, Everyday 6700 ** Discover - 9k
CITI - Div 5k, Forward 6k, Diamond 4k ** Wells Fargo - 3k
BOA - Better Rewards 1k, 321 Rewards 9k ** 5/3 - 1k
Store Cards - Amazon 4k, Lowes 6k, Walmart 1k
Message 6 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

Also found out that my parents have me as an AU on a store account that they have been 30 days late on 3 months in a row.  Demanding that they remove me as an AU even though the account is from 2008.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 7 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...

That's a strange one. I wonder if a parent adds you as an AU without your permission or knowledge if that can be removed from your report...

 

I would assume if you're under 18 when they added you it would be okay up until you're 18 ( Seems until you're 18 you have no say in your own life lol ) But after 18, I wouldn't see how it'd be justified or even legal...

 

I'd dispute it anyways if you truly didn't get them permission...

USBank - Cash+ 9k, Harley Visa 5k, Perks+ 6k, Cash Rewards, 1k, Flex 5k ** Cap One - Quiksilver 3k
Chase - United 5k, Amazon 1k, Freedom 2k
AMEX - Blue 6k, Everyday 6700 ** Discover - 9k
CITI - Div 5k, Forward 6k, Diamond 4k ** Wells Fargo - 3k
BOA - Better Rewards 1k, 321 Rewards 9k ** 5/3 - 1k
Store Cards - Amazon 4k, Lowes 6k, Walmart 1k
Message 8 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...


anybodii wrote:

That's a strange one. I wonder if a parent adds you as an AU without your permission or knowledge if that can be removed from your report...

 

I would assume if you're under 18 when they added you it would be okay up until you're 18 ( Seems until you're 18 you have no say in your own life lol ) But after 18, I wouldn't see how it'd be justified or even legal...

 

I'd dispute it anyways if you truly didn't get them permission...


Yea I'm actually looking into that right now.  Thanks!

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Message 9 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Didn't know I had this card...


ptrutkowski wrote:

anybodii wrote:

That's a strange one. I wonder if a parent adds you as an AU without your permission or knowledge if that can be removed from your report...

 

I would assume if you're under 18 when they added you it would be okay up until you're 18 ( Seems until you're 18 you have no say in your own life lol ) But after 18, I wouldn't see how it'd be justified or even legal...

 

I'd dispute it anyways if you truly didn't get them permission...


Yea I'm actually looking into that right now.  Thanks!


 

I believe that any AU account showing on your report can be removed at any time quite easily. 

 

Just contact the bureaus and dispute it as "Not my account"... because it isn't your account.

 

Problem solved.

 

 

Message 10 of 11