Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didnt go so well with BOA credit analyst

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Didnt go so well with BOA credit analyst

What # did you call, All I see in the backdoor thread is numbers for existing card members
Message 41 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:

UPDATE: I called BofA just to hear what they had to say and the analyst was nice (it helps), but she said my application was declined due to the bankruptcy.  When I asked what was the declining (hoping to learn some tidbit to help me improve my score she said the bankruptcy.  I pointed her to a webpage that says a year after bankruptcy and no new items.  She said yes she sees the report but I need to do more to reestablish credit.  I told her about my CC cards and repaying the loan and GET THIS:  she advised me to come here for tips (she said myFico.com) on improving my credit. She also suggested getting a signature loan somewhere (whatever).......

Waste of an inquiry, but she also said my EX FICO will be with the letter.  I'm ALMOST happy BofA declined me.

I think you should chill on the apps. your wanting every secured card and its not going to help you anymore then what you have now especially a bk thats a year old. you have nfcu and they eventually will give you all the credit you need and you wont have to worry about anybody else

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 42 of 53
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@tboy1977 wrote:

UPDATE: I called BofA just to hear what they had to say and the analyst was nice (it helps), but she said my application was declined due to the bankruptcy.  When I asked what was the declining (hoping to learn some tidbit to help me improve my score she said the bankruptcy.  I pointed her to a webpage that says a year after bankruptcy and no new items.  She said yes she sees the report but I need to do more to reestablish credit.  I told her about my CC cards and repaying the loan and GET THIS:  she advised me to come here for tips (she said myFico.com) on improving my credit. She also suggested getting a signature loan somewhere (whatever).......

Waste of an inquiry, but she also said my EX FICO will be with the letter.  I'm ALMOST happy BofA declined me.

I think you should chill on the apps. your wanting every secured card and its not going to help you anymore then what you have now especially a bk thats a year old. you have nfcu and they eventually will give you all the credit you need and you wont have to worry about anybody else

Take this advice and use it!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 53
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

I know.......I said I wanted two, max three cards.  (Lord, this is so out of scope for this thread, but anyway).  I started with CapOne, because I applied for itjust before the bankruptcy.  I was approved $200 for $200 limit.  I filed BK instead, but when March rolled around I still had a week left to get the deposit in, so I did.  I got PNC the same month.  I got membership with NFCUin November (not sure how, but I ain't complaining).  I got the Coke card to establish here for mortgage.  Then I decided I wanted my 10k card.  I thought Coke would be it, but my financial counselor had me convinced I was nuts.  So I said I was going to raise Coke to $6 or 7K and be done with credit.  I generally only like to use one card and keep the others at zero and this fall I want to by a video camera and it will be around $5k.  Plus X-mas shopping.  Anyway, The Coke card graduates in 18 months (from June when I got it).   I even thought of closing CapOne and PNC because they have AF but they are national banks and I've had them since 3/2011.  Plus, PNC has fantastic customer service.

I guess I want to buy my credit portfolio.  Buy what the banks won't give me :-) I never thought I would have a bankruptcy and even though I didn't make the best financial choices before the bankruptcy, I was king of the world in 2007.  High-rise rented condo, panoramic view.  Hot car, great job.  Great boyfriend.  By 2010, I was near-homeless, save my sister.  Still have BF though.  Now that I have the power, I want to be the man again.  But you are right.  I need to garden what I have.

Somebody take this app gun please......... lol

And sorry if I was long-winded

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 44 of 53
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:

I know.......I said I wanted two, max three cards.  (Lord, this is so out of scope for this thread, but anyway).  I started with CapOne, because I applied for itjust before the bankruptcy.  I was approved $200 for $200 limit.  I filed BK instead, but when March rolled around I still had a week left to get the deposit in, so I did.  I got PNC the same month.  I got membership with NFCUin November (not sure how, but I ain't complaining).  I got the Coke card to establish here for mortgage.  Then I decided I wanted my 10k card.  I thought Coke would be it, but my financial counselor had me convinced I was nuts.  So I said I was going to raise Coke to $6 or 7K and be done with credit.  I generally only like to use one card and keep the others at zero and this fall I want to by a video camera and it will be around $5k.  Plus X-mas shopping.  Anyway, The Coke card graduates in 18 months (from June when I got it).   I even thought of closing CapOne and PNC because they have AF but they are national banks and I've had them since 3/2011.  Plus, PNC has fantastic customer service.

I guess I want to buy my credit portfolio.  Buy what the banks won't give me :-) I never thought I would have a bankruptcy and even though I didn't make the best financial choices before the bankruptcy, I was king of the world in 2007.  High-rise rented condo, panoramic view.  Hot car, great job.  Great boyfriend.  By 2010, I was near-homeless, save my sister.  Still have BF though.  Now that I have the power, I want to be the man again.  But you are right.  I need to garden what I have.

Somebody take this app gun please......... lol

And sorry if I was long-winded

What is a Coke card??!?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 53
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

I am a contractor for Coca-Cola, so I am a member of their credit union and have their secured VISA card.

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 46 of 53
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

I forgot: 800-824-5895 was the number I dialed.  They can pull an app by social

Message 47 of 53
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:

I am a contractor for Coca-Cola, so I am a member of their credit union and have their secured VISA card.

OHHH they have their own CU, I guess the requirement is you have to work for them Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 48 of 53
john398
Senior Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:

I forgot: 800-824-5895 was the number I dialed.  They can pull an app by social

Thanks I will call tomorrow when I am home

Message 49 of 53
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Or have close family that does.  They ARE a GREAT CU

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.