Did you mean: 

Difference Between Discover More & Discover IT

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Difference Between Discover More & Discover IT

@bs6054 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

If you want to apply for a Discover card, the More card is still a better deal with its card builder function that can give you up to $200 in sign-up bonus. This is about 9 years' worth of the difference in cashback bonus between the It and the More.

But how can you apply for the More? IT is the only option on their page.  I guess you can try links from other sites

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOffer/cardMatch?fmoUpdatedValidationPar...

Act before it's gone.

Message 21 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:

I bet if they need some requirement to convert then ppl going crazy for that but right now you can convert it for free . \

Evertthing the more had + some other benefit that others had list out......I mean you aint lost nothing. You playing the game and know that you aint going to lost ......I dont know why ppl still sit there and """ think """.

Come on America........

I love the design and extra benefit perk...........

Because it is an individual choice and not everyone is driven by the "flash" factor.  Individuals can THINK for themselves and decide which product suits them better in the long run.

Of course, once a full phase-out is imminent on any of the existing product suite, then individuals will have options.  Additionally, in the current state and as the other (above) poster mentioned, there are certain sign-up bonus benefits that are not offered with the newer product.   Everyone is entitled to carrying their product of choice and there are great benefits for both.

Message 22 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I found the $75 Amazon offer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SP148M/

Message 23 of 35
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Because it is an individual choice and not everyone is driven by the "flash" factor.  Individuals can THINK for themselves and decide which product suits them better in the long run.

Of course, once a full phase-out is imminent on any of the existing product suite, then individuals will have options.  Additionally, in the current state and as the other (above) poster mentioned, there are certain sign-up bonus benefits that are not offered with the newer product.   Everyone is entitled to carrying their product of choice and there are great benefits for both.

What are u talking about ?????

Whatever come with the More.......the Discover IT have it and plus more benefit as other mention above......??????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 24 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Whatever come with the More.......the Discover IT have it and plus more benefit as other mention above......??????

In addition to my earlier comment, and from a cash bonus perspective, it is very nominal in benefits.  I currently have both products which at some point may be combined.  Keep in mind, "BENEFITS" are only weighed by the individual and the level of card usage and overall experience.  Additionally, the benefit structure (in case you missed it) has already been previously posted on other posts associated with the IT versus the More.

I presume you don't have a Discover product dating back to the 90's (or earlier) correct?  That's what I'm talking about.

Message 25 of 35
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Okay mr Finstar ....Is there any reason you wanna keep the Discover More over the IT  ??????? Its might be interesting for all of us to know what we been missing with your """old "" Discover More from 1990 ????

Message 26 of 35
kekrre
Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well, the sign on bonus for the More was maybe $200 max depending on your credit profile, but the It doesn't seem to offer anything but APR deals.

Some members on the forum have reported an enhanced travel benefit suite that is offered to high-spend cardholders, which does not transfer to the It.

Same said some member also reported that the It will not be getting an EMV chip, which I find hard to believe, since it'll be their only product going forward, ostensibly.

However, I agree with you that for most users, the It is the More with more benefits (less card designs).

OTOH, I don't think that Discover should have just changed the More award structure, as others have suggested, since that's clearly not the only thing they did. They're trying to pivot with the It, I'm just not sure in what direction. And also, I do think they'll be saving costs and impressing people by being able to expedite a printed card in a shiny box a couple days after being approved, rather than shipping an embossed card within a week or two in an envelope.

|||||||
Message 27 of 35
YahComb
Established Contributor

it's pretty simple, if you don't have a more already, it's better right now to apply for a more and get(and meet) whatever spending bonus, and then PC to the IT at a later date.

If you already have a more, theres no good reason not to PC to the It.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 28 of 35
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

exactly...............

Message 29 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@kekrre wrote:

However, I agree with you that for most users, the It is the More with more benefits (less card designs).

By benefits you actually meant 'cash back' right? Benefits usually refer to things like purchase protection, travel insurance, concierge service, etc.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.