cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Amex Blue Cash Everyday vs Everyday?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between Amex Blue Cash Everyday vs Everyday?

Does your pre-qual come with a fixed APR? If so, what is it? Usually those pre-quals are more solid.

However, your pre-quals lacking a welcome offer of points/cash back and the 0% APR offer may be a red flag.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After many failed attempts at trying to see if I pre-qualify for any offers through AMEX and two failed attempts at cold apping, I finally seen offers for the Amex Everyday and Blue Case Everday card (plus the green card but I dont care for it). I was super happy to see that because I figured they hated me and didn't want to bother with me but now I feel like I have some hope. My only question is, what is the difference between the two cards? Right now, AMEX said there aren't any Intro APRs or Welcome bonus offers, should I wait until they have one if they have any at all? Trying to continue gardening until this Dec for the majority of my inquiries to drop off. 

OP the CSP is in your Goal Cards list. Is this still on your goal list?

How many cards do you have new in the last 24 months?

Gardening until December 2017 is definitely on your list.

Going for AMEX ED or BCE will potentially delay the CSP and will definitely kill your Silver Spade. You have the Chase Freedom earning 5 UR points on groceries through June 30, which takes out the Main Category of both ED and BCE during that time. I would suggest not apping for ED/BCE for several months, and waiting even longer, until after December, the CSP and after you get through the CSP bonus spend requirement.

And watch your garden spade get prettier and prettier.

The CSP is still one of my goal cards. I just want to be a strong candidate for it and I guess I'm assuming that if I get other cards in the meantime like the Discover It, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and Amex Everyday and/or BCE, Chase will feel I have a better background to get it compared to now with just a Cap 1 platinum, chase slate, and a freedom (which are all new within the last 24 months. Cap 1 I received early 2016, slate was july 2016, and freedom was february 2017). I'm gardening until December because that is when the majority of my inquiries will fall off due to car shopping in December 2015. 

I'm honestly trying to prepare myself for December and figure out which cards I want more now and which ones can I wait for. I know its easy for people to say just app for the cards you want but I want to come up with a legitimate plan that fits my needs best. 

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After many failed attempts at trying to see if I pre-qualify for any offers through AMEX and two failed attempts at cold apping, I finally seen offers for the Amex Everyday and Blue Case Everday card (plus the green card but I dont care for it). I was super happy to see that because I figured they hated me and didn't want to bother with me but now I feel like I have some hope. My only question is, what is the difference between the two cards? Right now, AMEX said there aren't any Intro APRs or Welcome bonus offers, should I wait until they have one if they have any at all? Trying to continue gardening until this Dec for the majority of my inquiries to drop off. 

Definitely wait until they make you an offer you can't refuse. For BCE they were offering 10% back on restaurants for up to $200 in rewards and that just ended, so they may be changing their offer.

The Amex pre-qual seems to do an excellent job of evaluating your credit profile to determine how much they want you. I started geting offers earlier this year when my 2010 BK7 discharge hit the 6 year point, Amex not included. As I recall, the initial offer was $100 bonus for 90 day $1k spend, 12 mo. intro 0% APR, and that 10% restaurant rewards that didn't interest me. For several reasons I waited. I finally app'd & was approved 2 weeks ago when the offer was $150 bonus & 15 month 0%. But then someone posted here last week that their offer was a $250 spend bonus, so it seems to me their welcome offers change with how much your credit profile appeals to them.

This is one of the things I needed to read. Thanks for the reply. I know that I'm not where I would like to be credit wise when it comes to apping, especially for Amex which is why I rather wait until I look more appealing but it it hopeful to know that the offers can/will look better when my credit gets in better shape. I get skeptical sometimes because I have 1 baddie for $761 that was sent to collection when I burned Citi bank years ago when I was young and dumb but now I'm trying to improve my credit by going around that but I know sometime within the next few months I will address that elephant in the room and get it paid off. 

Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP the CSP is in your Goal Cards list. Is this still on your goal list?

How many cards do you have new in the last 24 months?

Gardening until December 2017 is definitely on your list.

Going for AMEX ED or BCE will potentially delay the CSP and will definitely kill your Silver Spade. You have the Chase Freedom earning 5 UR points on groceries through June 30, which takes out the Main Category of both ED and BCE during that time. I would suggest not apping for ED/BCE for several months, and waiting even longer, until after December, the CSP and after you get through the CSP bonus spend requirement.

And watch your garden spade get prettier and prettier.

The CSP is still one of my goal cards. I just want to be a strong candidate for it and I guess I'm assuming that if I get other cards in the meantime like the Discover It, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and Amex Everyday and/or BCE, Chase will feel I have a better background to get it compared to now with just a Cap 1 platinum, chase slate, and a freedom (which are all new within the last 24 months. Cap 1 I received early 2016, slate was july 2016, and freedom was february 2017). I'm gardening until December because that is when the majority of my inquiries will fall off due to car shopping in December 2015. 

I'm honestly trying to prepare myself for December and figure out which cards I want more now and which ones can I wait for. I know its easy for people to say just app for the cards you want but I want to come up with a legitimate plan that fits my needs best. 

Part of that plan needs to take into account Chase's 5/24.    I don't know if there is much evidence Chase will particularly want you to have more cards (MAYBE they would like you to have a card with a $5K+ limit, but people have managed without).   But they certainly don't want you to have more than 4 new accounts in the last 24 months, so getting either Amex card is pushing you close to that.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.