Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Capone and myfico transunion score

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: Difference between Capone and myfico transunion score

to make things even more confusing, many lenders have or are developing their own proprietary models for scoring;  I've seen some mention of credit card scores which is different  from FICO and FAKO models.  As far as CK......forget 'em.  They have my chances for approval on some cards I already have as "poor"  and others" very good " which I have not been able to get.   They have a new trap I noticed on my CK  report as" CK certified"  or something like that.  Supposedly, you have excellent chances for approval.  I'm not biting on any of their recommendations any more.  I don't think I've seen anyone mention the Wal-Mart, Discover, and Barclays FICO, they are the same as the one on My Fico......or at least for me........problem is, they only update monthly if you use the card.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1, Chase uses an internal score named CARS.
Message 22 of 24
sorachepa
Valued Member

longtimelurker - thanks for the info. i do check the reports for any mismatched info and make sure its all accurate. no baddies, no public records etc. 

@longtimelurker wrote:
The numbers here WON'T always match with what an issuer pulls, because there are simply too many types of FICO scores.   If you want a mortgage, currently at least most lenders will pull the 04 versions, which are no longer available here, and may, or may not, differ greatly from your score.   Some lenders will put the 08 credit card enhanced version, others not.   Penfed uses FICO Next Gen (which is helpfully provides to its customers on the website).

Hence takeshi74's advice to focus on reports rather than scores.   Baddies will bring down scores in any system, differing only in impact, whereas a long history of ontime payments over a mix of credit types is going to be good everywhere.

The FICO/FAKO distinction is a little overstressed.    The difference is a FAKO is used by NO lender, a FICO may or may not be used by your lender, so not really a huge difference.

ETA: and even that is overstated!  Some issuers use the non-FICO Vantage score, as at least part of their decision, so some FAKOs are used.

I am not in the market for car/house now but i just like tracking my scores and if you look at my other posts with the plots, that is just for TU. i have similar plots for EXP and EQFX Smiley Very Happy

i am always in the market for a prime card with nice 0% intro APR. i already used up Discover IT, BOA Cash Rewards. currently in the last 2 months of FNBO and need a card with a CL of atleast $12K for BTs. it has to be TU only and barclays is the only one i don't have. 

Starting Score:~ 600 all 3 in 2005 - Last App: TU- June 2013; EQFX - May 2014; EXP - Oct 2014;
Current Score: Dec 2014 - EXP: FNBO-778/900; PremierCreditManager-746/850; CreditSecure-746/850; IdentityGuard-729/850;
EQFX: DCU-723/830; CreditSecure-734/850;
TU: WM-734/850; TUonline-809/990; CKarma-749; Discover-745/850; CapOne-724/850; CSecure-769/850;
Goal Score: > 800 all 3

App-Free Target Date:> JAN 2014 (6 months)
Message 23 of 24
sorachepa
Valued Member

OK, crazy thing happened.

i cancelled with TU.com and signed up with myfico for all 3 CRA w/ scores,. got a message to call the customer service as they have to confirm few things related to identify. here is what they said

1. EXP - can't get my details as response from EXP says "customer file under fraud protection"

2. TU - can't give scores as response says "not sufficient credit information"

3. EQFX - no issues here

so, CS rep from myFico refunded my money back and gave me the numbers to call both EXP and TU to figure out whats happening. does anyone have this experience where a CRA initiates a fraud protection without me authorizing or them notifying me before putting a hold?

@Anonymous wrote:

@sorachepa wrote:

CreditCuriosity - i am coming to the same realization - may be i am better off just paying that $ here and get myFICO scores for all 3 CBs.. looks like no one really cares about their scores from tu.com directly.. 

Definitely do that

Starting Score:~ 600 all 3 in 2005 - Last App: TU- June 2013; EQFX - May 2014; EXP - Oct 2014;
Current Score: Dec 2014 - EXP: FNBO-778/900; PremierCreditManager-746/850; CreditSecure-746/850; IdentityGuard-729/850;
EQFX: DCU-723/830; CreditSecure-734/850;
TU: WM-734/850; TUonline-809/990; CKarma-749; Discover-745/850; CapOne-724/850; CSecure-769/850;
Goal Score: > 800 all 3

App-Free Target Date:> JAN 2014 (6 months)
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.