Valued Member
mgeorges

Difference between Chase Freedom and Freedom Signature?

I have been reading posts about people talking about the freedom and the freedom signature just curious what the difference is?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Difference between Chase Freedom and Freedom Signature?

Difference is Freedom Signature will report highest balance not credit limit.... Regular Chase reports CL.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Member
mgeorges

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

Difference is Freedom Signature will report highest balance not credit limit.... Regular Chase reports CL.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :smileysad:

If it is good how can i upgrade to signature?

Valued Contributor
boomhower

The signature requires a minimum CL of 5k sob you need that before you can ask to be PC. The downside is that with that CL not bring reported your utilization will suffer, but if you PIF everything that is a moot point. I'm not sure what other perks the siggy version gets you.
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

You highest balance becomes that cards CL. Depending on the scoring model, it may be beneficial or negative against you. Though such impact will be minimal.

I wouldn't worry about it. The whole no CL reporting is overhyped.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}