Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SP and HP

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Difference between SP and HP

Everybody knows that SP doesn't hit your score but what is the difference between the two?

When a CCC SP you they only get some information of you?
Why does AMEX SP on a second card and only HP once you are approved? If they approve you based on a SP why do they need to use a HP afterwards?

Hope someone can clarify me what is the difference in information the creditor sees in both ways
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between SP and HP

@pat0812 wrote:
Everybody knows that SP doesn't hit your score but what is the difference between the two?

When a CCC SP you they only get some information of you?
Why does AMEX SP on a second card and only HP once you are approved? If they approve you based on a SP why do they need to use a HP afterwards?

Hope someone can clarify me what is the difference in information the creditor sees in both ways

I don't mean to be rude but this question gets asked quite often and can be found in the search function for the forum.  There are lots of threads about the topic and they would be a good place to start:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Difference+between+sp+and+hp&filter=...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.