Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

tag
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

I rec'd my Wamu Vs in January with 3000 cl, 0% BT until 04/09, and 7.99% apr after that.

I was denied for a Wamu MC though they did not even pull a report due to an old Providian account that I had with them a few years back.  It had a few 30 day lates, as well as being closed with a balance.  After closing, the payments were made on time every time.

Are they serviced by different departments or something? 

I've thought about a recon letter, but decided against it because maybe it was a snafoo on my visa, though it was by a preapproval in the  mail. 

I app'd for the mc after checking the preapproval link that was posted here.  I don't need another credit card as I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from the sleigh center!!

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

You're not alone on this one... I got my wamu with a pre-approval that came in the mail. I recently tried to get a Mastercard and they system said cannot process. I checked my reports and they never pulled a hard inquiry on my credit. I've never had any previous accounts of charge offs and at the time I app'd my score was like 645, higher than when I got the visa. So yeah I'm wondering is their a difference in the two cards as far as tiers are concerned...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

not sure if any difference I got Visa thru mail preapproval offer got 2000 limit with 0 percent for 6 mos---went online 3 mos later applied for M/C got same limit and terms ????? prev BK in 2003 and never had a providian or wamu card in the past
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.