Frequent Contributor
Trishco

Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

I rec'd my Wamu Vs in January with 3000 cl, 0% BT until 04/09, and 7.99% apr after that.

I was denied for a Wamu MC though they did not even pull a report due to an old Providian account that I had with them a few years back.  It had a few 30 day lates, as well as being closed with a balance.  After closing, the payments were made on time every time.

Are they serviced by different departments or something? 

I've thought about a recon letter, but decided against it because maybe it was a snafoo on my visa, though it was by a preapproval in the  mail. 

I app'd for the mc after checking the preapproval link that was posted here.  I don't need another credit card as I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from the sleigh center!!

Any thoughts?
Regular Contributor
ash4557

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

You're not alone on this one... I got my wamu with a pre-approval that came in the mail. I recently tried to get a Mastercard and they system said cannot process. I checked my reports and they never pulled a hard inquiry on my credit. I've never had any previous accounts of charge offs and at the time I app'd my score was like 645, higher than when I got the visa. So yeah I'm wondering is their a difference in the two cards as far as tiers are concerned...
Established Contributor
AWLEGZ

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

not sure if any difference I got Visa thru mail preapproval offer got 2000 limit with 0 percent for 6 mos---went online 3 mos later applied for M/C got same limit and terms ????? prev BK in 2003 and never had a providian or wamu card in the past
I want to join the 700 club one day I am getting there :smileywink:
FICOS 12/17/07 EQ-597 EX-651 and TU-651
FICOS 01/18/07 EQ-594 EX-651 and TU-662 FICOS
04/21/2008 TU-680 EQ-613 EX-688

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}