Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

I rec'd my Wamu Vs in January with 3000 cl, 0% BT until 04/09, and 7.99% apr after that.
I was denied for a Wamu MC though they did not even pull a report due to an old Providian account that I had with them a few years back.  It had a few 30 day lates, as well as being closed with a balance.  After closing, the payments were made on time every time.
Are they serviced by different departments or something? 
I've thought about a recon letter, but decided against it because maybe it was a snafoo on my visa, though it was by a preapproval in the  mail. 
I app'd for the mc after checking the preapproval link that was posted here.  I don't need another credit card as I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from the sleigh center!!
Any thoughts?
Regular Contributor

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

You're not alone on this one... I got my wamu with a pre-approval that came in the mail. I recently tried to get a Mastercard and they system said cannot process. I checked my reports and they never pulled a hard inquiry on my credit. I've never had any previous accounts of charge offs and at the time I app'd my score was like 645, higher than when I got the visa. So yeah I'm wondering is their a difference in the two cards as far as tiers are concerned...
Established Contributor

Re: Difference between WaMu Visa vs. MC???

not sure if any difference I got Visa thru mail preapproval offer got 2000 limit with 0 percent for 6 mos---went online 3 mos later applied for M/C got same limit and terms ????? prev BK in 2003 and never had a providian or wamu card in the past
I want to join the 700 club one day I am getting there Smiley Wink
FICOS 12/17/07 EQ-597 EX-651 and TU-651
FICOS 01/18/07 EQ-594 EX-651 and TU-662 FICOS
04/21/2008 TU-680 EQ-613 EX-688
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.