Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Ritz and Marriott?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Difference in Ritz and Marriott?

sigh.... I don't consider myself stupid but I get so confused if it's not a sign up bonus and it's not cash on what is best for my daily spend when I have 95+ credit cards Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 44
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This is true. If award availability is even available though. I have rarely gotten over 1 cent per point value on Marriott points. I think 1.4 was the record so far.

That's about what I got for my NYC trip. The value skyrockets on stays of 5+ nights because of the 5th night free. 

+1. I've gotten between 1.25-1.4 cpp on 5 night redemptions and TPs, but outside of those options you'll likely see something closer to 1cpp or less.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 44
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Kicking myself for not applying for the Forward way back when! Smiley Very Happy (I know totally off-topic. I apologize!) Smiley Very Happy

I need to complete the 10k spend on the Ritz to keep gold, didn't even think of that.
Message 23 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah, if you applied for 140k with the rest of us then it probably needs to be done by like december or january. lol.
Message 24 of 44
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
Yeah, if you applied for 140k with the rest of us then it probably needs to be done by like december or january. lol.

Yeah, I think I did..

Message 25 of 44
red259
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I really hope the 140k offer comes back in March. Smiley Happy

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 26 of 44
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

me too! 

lots of great info in this thread!

Message 27 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Why march? It showed up in december last year. 

Message 28 of 44
red259
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Because that would be a few months before my next trip, but will give me six months in the garden. December is a bit too early for me. Jan is the earliest I'd be comfortable with. Smiley Happy

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Because that would be a few months before my next trip, but will give me six months in the garden. December is a bit too early for me. Jan is the earliest I'd be comfortable with. Smiley Happy

The man with a plan. Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.