Contributor
zerocredit

Difference in the First PRemier Cards

IS there any difference with the first premier cards? IT seems everything is the same except the image on the card?
Frequent Contributor
moondog7324

Re: Difference in the First PRemier Cards

The difference- one is junk and the other is JUNK. Stay away fron them at all costs- you will be paying fees for a low liit card that will probally not grow. Follow my advice in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=151556#M151556

Established Contributor
Brusilov

I got a "pre-approval" notice in the mail for this card a few weeks ago.  Just look at the fine print! :smileysurprised:

Available Credit and Cash Advance Limitations: The initial minimum credit limit will be at least $250.00 and the following fees will be billed to your first statement: Account Set-Up Fee of $29.00, the Program Fee of $95.00, the Annual Fee of $48.00, the Additional Card Fee of $20.00 per card (if applicable) and Monthly Servicing Fee of $7.00. These fees will reduce your available credit until they are paid. If you are assigned the minimum credit limit of $250.00 your initial available credit will be $71.00 ($51.00 if you select the additional card option).

Ridiculous!

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Established Member
NaturallySweet

I used to have First Premier and I realized that after all the fees they take out you don't have much left for yourself. Be leary of those credit cards that make you pay a fee as well in order to receive your card as well.
CAC: ConFuzed About Credit
Senior Contributor
score_building

piling on excessive fees on the front end of a cc will soon be illegal.  somebody had to stop them.  there are almost always better options to pursue as moondog indicates.
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}