Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in the First PRemier Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in the First PRemier Cards

IS there any difference with the first premier cards? IT seems everything is the same except the image on the card?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Difference in the First PRemier Cards

The difference- one is junk and the other is JUNK. Stay away fron them at all costs- you will be paying fees for a low liit card that will probally not grow. Follow my advice in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=151556#M151556

Message 2 of 5
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I got a "pre-approval" notice in the mail for this card a few weeks ago.  Just look at the fine print! Smiley Surprised

Available Credit and Cash Advance Limitations: The initial minimum credit limit will be at least $250.00 and the following fees will be billed to your first statement: Account Set-Up Fee of $29.00, the Program Fee of $95.00, the Annual Fee of $48.00, the Additional Card Fee of $20.00 per card (if applicable) and Monthly Servicing Fee of $7.00. These fees will reduce your available credit until they are paid. If you are assigned the minimum credit limit of $250.00 your initial available credit will be $71.00 ($51.00 if you select the additional card option).

Ridiculous!
Message 3 of 5
NaturallySweet
Established Member

I used to have First Premier and I realized that after all the fees they take out you don't have much left for yourself. Be leary of those credit cards that make you pay a fee as well in order to receive your card as well.
CAC: ConFuzed About Credit
Message 4 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

piling on excessive fees on the front end of a cc will soon be illegal.  somebody had to stop them.  there are almost always better options to pursue as moondog indicates.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.