cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Balance on CR from Same Bureau???

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Different Balance on CR from Same Bureau???

Ok got a really weird question here.

My balances just got updated (think it was updated between friday to today) to the CRAs, at least according to CreditKarma (TU).

My wells fargo identity protection (creditxpert for 3 bureaus) are also reporting the new balances on my latest CR.

I also pulled a CR from Experian itself, and it is showing the old balance.

All were done today, within 1 hour of each other. 

So it is very puzzling to me that 2 reports from 2 different places that are pulling the report from the same source (Experian) are posting different balances, therefore different utilization. I am not going to care about the score now since it's FAKO, but different utilization & balances will affect the FICO score.

Does it take some time for the new balance to propagate across all of Experian's database?
I will be pulling one from myfico and another source as well maybe tomorrow.

I am planning to app american express BCP and chase freedom, so Experian is my most important bureau.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Different Balance on CR from Same Bureau???

Definitely a lag time issue.

Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

any suggestion on how long i should wait until it is "safe" to apply? Smiley Sad

I was all excited getting ready to app! lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If your goal is to app, after getting your util current, I'd say forty eight hours after your closing date. No guarantee on the speed of a human entering data.

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

it is entered onto experian (i think), since some reports (including one that pulls experian) reflect the new one, but  experian itself is reporting the old balance

Message 5 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'd treat it like a computer that has different service requests. Each one uses a different port to pull data. Safer to wait for it to cycle throughout.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.