Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult Ones

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difficult Ones

I thought I would start a thread about cards (credit  store,etc) that were the MOST difficult to get..
Even the ones that you may have now, but it wasnt easy.Smiley Wink
For me it is GEMB and CITI. Come on dont be shy list them...
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Re: Difficult Ones

WAMU if you have declared them or Providian in BK!!

Message Edited by dallasjetfan on 10-30-2007 07:51 AM
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 2 of 23
IndustrialEngineer88
Established Member

The credit cards that are hard for me to get are discover of course, and also citi for me, the complain about my countless inquiries
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi always states,paid or unpaid collection.. Which I do have 1 medical unpaid..Working on that now..
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it's Discover and AMEX. I've applied to both and got turned down by both. Chase comes in at # 3 on my list for some reason. And that's where I do alllllll my banking.

I think anyone with what I call "fatal baddies" can in no way get either one of those 2 cards.

When all 3 of my FICO scores exceed 720 on a consistent basis, then I might consider app'ing.

Never ever ever be late. Never
Message 5 of 23
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

What would be fatal "baddies"? BK, I am sure!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi dallas! I'm in arlington. Smiley Happy

Just my definition of fatal baddies: BK, Collection, Judgment, Tax Lien, Charge Off.

Fatal in the sense that any one of them can cause your scores into a serious nosedive. Not permanent, if taken care of.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it's AMEX.  I tried to get a Blue Card once but was declined.  I'm not sure of my scores then as it was years ago.  I haven't tried since.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea...that Amex card is for the big leagues..I got denied too..Not there yet..Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Not so long ago they were all difficult.

Now I can probably get anything that does not pull EX  Smiley Very Happy (over 100 points lower than the others at this point in time)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.