Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult Ones

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difficult Ones

Wouldn't it be nice to have a sticky up top, cross-listing, ccc's and the CRA's they pull on considering someone for a cc? Kind of like what we have for common abbreviations?

Of course, there's always: http://www.whogavemecredit.com/index.php?page=search.php

But I find that so unwieldy.

Oh well, just a thought.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylvia over on CreditBoards they have a credit data base thats totally rich with what scores, the city, why it wasnt approved in more instances and etc...It is great...

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh cool bren! Thanks! Think I'll toodle on over there to scope it out. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved-
CCCU
AmEx Blue

Declined-
Citi

So, guess Citi is the tough nut to crack for me
Message 14 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

As some of you know by now, Amex and it also seems Discover, are allowing the non super-prime to get their foot in the door. Same with BoA, HSBC, WAMU and even Chase. You don't have to have scores over 700 to get a card with any of these five CCCs. IMO, these are the hardest approvals as a whole by CCCs (why am I doing this).

Simmons
Pulaski (wonder why, when was the last time anyone posted about Pulaski, same for Simmons)
Discover
Amex, CITI (tie)
BoA
Chase

Message 15 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

According to WGMC.com, Discover, US Bank and Fleet are the toughies

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 10-31-2007 03:02 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
As some of you know by now, Amex and it also seems Discover, are allowing the non super-prime to get their foot in the door. Same with BoA, HSBC, WAMU and even Chase. You don't have to have scores over 700 to get a card with any of these five CCCs. IMO, these are the hardest approvals as a whole by CCCs (why am I doing this).

Simmons
Pulaski (wonder why, when was the last time anyone posted about Pulaski, same for Simmons)
Discover
Amex, CITI (tie)
BoA
Chase

Wouldn't  even think of these til Im at least almost 800 club.....except Citi....of course...

Message 17 of 23
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

AMEX if you have a BK on your credit is a definite NO!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 18 of 23
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Is Fleet still around as a bank?  I was with Fleet (east cost: NY/NJ) but it was bought out and converted to a BoA at least three years ago.  In fact it was a different bank before Fleet bought that one out, but the name escapes me.. National something I believe. 

MidnightVoice wrote:
According to WGMC.com, Discover, US Bank and Fleet are the toughies

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 10-31-2007 03:02 PM

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 19 of 23
shalaunda

I recently got Amex, WaMu and Chase. I'm waiting to see what Citi says, but the hardest card for me to get is (don't laugh!) USAA Mastercard. The reason being is that I have a couple of late payments from a year and half ago, but they gave me a $50,000 car loan! They really do care about payment history. As for Discover, I haven't even attempted to apply for that card. Applying for that would be like pulling the trigger myself!!! Lol! TU-636 EQ-635 EX-636
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.